Smoking Blamed For Fatal House Fire

GRAND RAPIDS (AP) – Authorities say smoking materials caused a fire at an apartment in Grand Rapids that killed an 83-year-old woman.
Mlive.com says Barbara Eastway was found inside the apartment following the fire, which was reported about 6 a.m. Wednesday.

Authorities say she died of smoke inhalation.

David Eastway says his mother was a caring grandmother and a former nurse. She’d lived there for about 14 years.

Investigators say the fire started in a mattress in the apartment and was contained to that unit.

(© Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments

One Comment

  1. roller coaster free games says:

    I don’t even know the way I ended up right here, however I thought this publish was once good. I do not know who you are but certainly you are going to a famous blogger in case you aren’t already. Cheers!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Detroit

Best 4th Of July Concerts In Metro DetroitStaying home this weekend? Celebrate the 4th of July by rocking out at one of these shows.
Hump Day Drinks: 8 Cheery Cocktail RecipesNow that you've made it through half the work week, it's time to celebrate!

Watch & Listen