DETROIT — Compuware Corp. (Nasdaq:CPWR) announced the launch of the industry’s first international transaction Web performance benchmark.
The new Compuware Gomez benchmark measures the Web performance of a multi-step banking transaction for leading UK banking institutions. Co-operative Bank provided the best response time across eleven companies in the new benchmark.
The UK Banking Account Details Business Process benchmark emulates a typical banking transaction to review account details across multiple pages from account login to account summary and logout. It uses a real end-user account across three metrics — response time, availability and consistency. This real-world view of Web performance helps companies better understand the experiences being delivered to their customers.
“A first step towards optimizing Web site performance to meet customers’ expectations is comparison to top companies in your industry,” said Jonathan Ranger, Gomez Benchmark Practice Director at Compuware. “Leading banking institutions in the UK that use the new transaction benchmark to track and measure the performance of their transactions gain a fundamental measurement of the quality of their customers’ online experiences.”
Gomez Benchmarks are an impartial, quantitative measurement of comparative web and mobile site performance and rank the web and mobile performance of companies across three key metrics:
* Response time — measures the time elapsed while downloading a page or an entire multistep transaction process.
* Availability — measures the percentage of successfully completed tests out of total test attempts for the measurement period.
* Consistency — measures the standard deviation of the response time of successful tests completed.
Benchmarks are used by organizations to compare and track performance against competitors and market leaders; baseline and track performance over time; and as key indicators of success for business and IT site owners.
Gomez publishes hundreds of global Web and mobile performance benchmarks based on more than 20 million monthly tests across 3,000 companies in 13 countries and include:
* Home page backbone benchmarks: measure the performance of the website’s home page from the Internet Backbone.
* Home page last mile benchmarks: measure the performance of the home page from the end user’s desktop taking into account the real user’s connection speed.
* Transaction benchmarks: measure the performance of a key business process such as ordering a product or making a stock trade.
* Mobile benchmarks: measure the performance of mobile site’s home page on the largest carriers and top devices.
The Gomez platform is the industry’s leading solution for optimizing the performance of Web, non-Web, mobile, streaming and cloud applications. Driven by end-user experience, Gomez provides a unified view across the entire application delivery chain, from a user’s browser or mobile device, across the Internet or a corporate WAN, in the cloud, to inside the data center, eliminating blind spots from the First Mile to the Last Mile.
More at www.compuware.com.