DETROIT — The fine folks from hiredMYway.com are back with still more job openings, bonuses for referring your friends to openings, and tips on getting that internship.
Openings at hiredMYway.com include:
* Amera Mortgage Corporation, 1 job, loan originator
* Mistequay Group, Ltd, 4 jobs, program manager, customer service representative, CNC machinist, purchasing manager
* Old American Insurance Company, 24 jobs, insurance agents
* Xspond, 2 jobs, junior to mid-level developers
Apply for jobs or refer your friends and earn money. Here are this week’s big bonus jobs:
* Software/Firmware Engineer at Walbro Engine Management, $1,000 hiring and referral bonus
* Senior Electrical Engineer (Automotive) for On the Mark Recruiting Specialists, Inc., $2,000 hiring and referral bonus
* Materials and Logistics Manager at Eagle Industries, $2,000 hiring and referral bonus
Tips: Securing a Summer Internship
1. If you don’t have a lot of professional experience, play up your relevant course work, volunteer and civic involvement, and leadership roles on your resume.
2. Research internship opportunities at companies you would like to work for in the future — often these programs are structured to help companies identify potential talent.
3. Stay organized. Keep track of application deadlines and write down all of the positions you apply for so you can follow up at appropriate times.
4. Tap into your alumni network to see if graduates of your university are currently working at places you’re interested in interning. Don’t be afraid to reach out to them and see if they have advice as you’re applying.
5. Clean up your social media accounts or make them private.
6. Include sample course work or other relevant materials with your application to demonstrate your experience.
7. Think ahead – if you have missed an application deadline this year, write it down so you can remember to apply on time next year.