HFCC Summer College Advancement Program Helps Students Jump Start College
DEARBORN — The Henry Ford Community College Summer College Advancement Program will offer a variety of college-level classes and other learning opportunities to help high school students get a significant jumpstart on their college careers. This program begins Tuesday, June 26 on the HFCC main campus and ends Aug. 13.
HFCC is offering a wide variety of courses that will give college-bound high schools students advanced exposure to college, experience college-level coursework and complete general education courses.
Courses that will be available this summer include:
• ARA 131: Elementary Arabic 1
• ARA 132: Elementary Arabic 2
• BEC 151: Principles of Macroeconomics
• BEC 152: Principles of Microeconomics
• BIO 131: Introduction to Biology
• CHEM 131: Principles of Chemistry
• CHEM 132: Principles of Organic Chemistry & Biochemistry
• CHN 131: Elementary Mandarin Chinese 1
• ENG 131: Introduction to College Writing
• FRE 131: Elementary French 1
• MATH 175: Pre-Calculus
• MATH 180: Calculus 1
• MATH 183: Calculus 2
• SPC 131: Fundamentals of Public Speaking
• SPN 131: Elementary Spanish 1
• SPN 132: Elementary Spanish 2
Students can review class offerings online at www.hfcc.edu/webadvisor. Select “Search for Sections” and students can select any of our areas to see what is offered.
All Summer College Advancement students must attend an exclusive orientation session and ice Cream social on Saturday, June 23 at noon in the College’s Welcome Center.
Registration materials require parent and school official signatures. To obtain these materials and for additional information, please call Douglas A. Freed, director of Admissions and Recruiting, at (313) 845-9701, or via email at DFreed@hfcc.edu.