ROYAL OAK (CBS Detroit) – Every Wednesday throughout July and August, the Detroit Zoo will host its annual Wild Summer Nights concert series.
The concerts will be held from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at the zoo’s main picnic grove. Admission price is $5 per person.
Patricia Mills Janeway, the Communications Director of The Detroit Zoological Society, said the series of live entertainment has been held annually for about 15 years.
“(The event) was started as a fun and affordable way for families to enjoy the Zoo on summer evenings,” Janeway said.
Each week’s concert will feature live entertainment from bands such as Gia Warner Band, Grievous Angel and The Verve Pipe.
Janeway said the location sets the event apart from others of its kind.
“The venue is what makes the concert series so unique,” she said. “Guests can spend a day at the Zoo and stay for the concert.”
Food and drinks will be available at concessions at the event. Concerts begin July 4 and go through August 29.
• July 4 – Gia Warner Band (rock classics)
• July 11 – Grievous Angel (Americana)
• July 18 – The Verve Pipe (children’s)
• July 25 – Joe Reilly (children’s)
• Aug. 1 – Candy Band (children’s)
• Aug. 8 – Jill Jack (folk)
• Aug. 15 – Gemini (children’s)
• Aug. 22 – The Sun Messengers (Motown and R&B)
• Aug. 29 – Playdate and Friends (children’s)
. For more information, call (248) 541-5717 or visit www.detroitzoo.org.