Fithian’s Fantasy Football Mock Draft 1.0
Buy Lions Tickets
By: Dennis Fithian
1. LeSean McCoy RB Phi – There’s no clear cut number one pick this year. I’ll go with the running back that will have the best year. Expect even more receiving yards this season from ‘Shady’ who turns 24 in July.
2. Arian Foster RB Hou – Struggled last year with the hamstring, but you can see when healthy he produces rushing and receiving yards like no other.
3. Aaron Rogers QB GB – Don’t take a QB this early. That’s old school thinking. Brees, Brady and Stafford threw for over 5,000 yards last year but Rogers was number last year overall in points because of his arm and feet. Expect the Packers to be one of the best teams this year. Expect Rogers to throw for close to 5k and run for 300 plus yards with four scores on the ground.
4. Tom Brady QB NE – Sucks that the Pats didn’t win the Super Bowl last year against the Giants. Motivation for Brady who will turn 35 before the season starts. 5,000 passing yards & 40 Td’s. He’s worth the pick this high.
5. Calvin Johnson WR Det – How many players have put up the amount of TD’s and receiving yards in one season that Megatron produced last year? Calvin Johnson and Jerry Rice. The rules are only going to favor the passing game going forward.
6. Ray Rice RB Bal – Has played in all 16 games the past three years for the Ravens. He’s looking for a Chris Johnson/Adrian Peterson type contract. Is one of the best combinations for safe and spectacular.
7. Drew Brees QB NO – I don’t see the Saints team making the playoffs this season. This is fantasy football and Brees is a stat machine. Not the numbers for last year but still go enough to win you some money.
8. Chris Johnson RB Ten – Big contract and Johnson looked like a big bust last season. I like the Titans adding Steve Hutchinson to their offensive line. I like how Johnson’s talking like he’s going to be the best back in the league this off season too.
9. MJD RB Jax – MJD has been consistent even with how bad the Jags have been. Having a really good player on a really bad team catches up to you at some point.
10. Cam Newton QB Car – I traded AP last year before he was hurt for Cam. Newton should be better this year but the Panthers didn’t do a lot to get any play makers.
11. Darren McFadden RB Oak – Guy can do everything except stay healthy but the talent slots him here over Lynch, Mathews & Turner.
12 Andre Johnson WR Hou – Expect Matt Schaub back and expect Johnson to return to battle Calvin as the best wide receiver in the league.