PHILADELPHIA — Comcast’s Xfinity TV, in agreement with NBCUniversal, announced a multiplatform content offering for NBCUniversal’s coverage of the London 2012 Olympic Games starting Wednesday, July 25 through Sunday, Aug. 12.
Designed to provide video subscribers with access to NBCUniversal’s more than 5,535 hours of unprecedented Olympic programming, this offering represents the largest number of total Olympics hours ever.
Xfinity TV will offer NBCUniversal’s Olympic content live and on-demand, across multiple digital, mobile and tablet platforms, and for the first time ever, the Games will be available in 3D.
In addition to extensive coverage on the networks of NBCUniversal, including NBC, NBC Sports Network, MSNBC, CNBC, Bravo and Telemundo, two HD specialty channels for soccer and basketball and a 3D channel, subscribers can stay connected to the London Summer Olympic Games wherever they go exclusively via NBCOlympics.com, and the NBC Olympics and NBC Olympics Live Extra apps available to mobile and tablet users.
As part of the vast majority of Xfinity TV customers’ video subscriptions, which include all Olympic television content, NBCUniversal is bringing Olympic content to subscribers live and on-demand, online, and on mobile and tablet devices via applications. This additional access to NBCUniversal’s Olympic programming extends Xfinity TV customers’ opportunities to watch the Games wherever they are.
Following are multiplatform offerings that will allow Xfinity TV customers to watch and be a part of the London 2012 Olympic Games, including live streaming, VOD, mobile and tablet apps and a 3D channel.
NBCUniversal’s Olympics Experience on Xfinity Includes:
* NBCOlympics.com: NBC Olympics Live Extra, the exclusive home of Olympic live stream content at NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra, is available now to the vast majority of customers who subscribe to the Digital Starter package and sign in. NBCOlympics.com will live stream more than 3,500 programming hours, including Olympic events and coverage from NBC Sports Network, MSNBC, CNBC and Bravo, for the first time ever, so that Xfinity TV customers can easily verify their subscriptions and watch Olympic coverage live online at no additional charge. Those subscribers who sign in and verify their subscriptions by Friday, July 27 can enter the NBC Olympics Live Extra Sweepstake for a chance to win prizes including a trip to the US Olympic Training Center in Colorado Springs, an HDTV, and other prizes, courtesy of NBCUniversal. Xfinity TV customers can also utilize the Xfinity website for the Ultimate Viewer’s Guide that gives users easy access to NBCUniversal’s live streaming events at NBCOlympics.com.
Xfinity TV customers should follow these verification procedures to access Olympic programming via NBCOlympics.com:
1. Go to NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra
2. Click the “Click Here & Get Ready” button
3. Select Comcast
4. Enter the username and password that corresponds with your Comcast Xfinity TV account
5. You are signed in throughout the Games on that device!
6. Comcast Xfinity customers with both video and high-speed Internet service will automatically be verified when in their homes; when out of the home, customers that don’t have their account information can easily access that information through their phone numbers and other easy ways.
Additionally, Xfinity.com will offer enhanced TV listing guides with filters to quickly find NBCUniversal’s Olympic events and view TV listings in 30-minute programming blocks. Xfinity TV customers can also utilize the Xfinity website to change the channel on live TV or tune to programming on Xfinity On Demand, record events on their DVR, and view the latest news, highlights and schedules. Xfinity.com/latinotv will offer special Spanish-language guides and tools to help users control and manage their Olympic viewing experience.
* Mobile and Tablet Apps: NBCUniversal will offer two apps for mobile and tablet viewing.
The NBC Olympics Live Extra app will be available to verified Xfinity TV customers and will offer the same live streaming and event replays available via NBCOlympics.com/LiveExtra.
The NBC Olympics app will include short-form highlights, schedules, results, columns and more and will also link to the NBC Olympics Live Extra app.
In addition, Xfinity TV customers can take advantage of the second screen experience through the Xfinity TV app, on iOS and Android devices, featuring similar tools like Xfinity.com/NBCOlympics — in the convenience of a mobile app. Also, the Xfinity TV Sports Remote app includes similar features as the Xfinity TV app (with the exception of the “Watch” feature), including the ability to sort by Olympic sport on the guide, as well as link to NBCOlympics.com to download both the NBC Olympics and NBC Olympics Live Extra apps.
* On Demand: NBCUniversal is making Olympic highlights and full-event rewinds available via Xfinity TV’s Video-On-Demand service. Watch NBCUniversal’s more than 1,000 total Olympic pre-Games and in-Game entertainment choices, including all medal events and 240 full event replays, as well as Bob Costas’ daily recaps and highlights from the Games.
* 3D: Panasonic Corp. of North America and the NBC Sports Group have partnered to make the London 2012 Olympic Games available in 3D to Xfinity TV customers. The effort will produce 242 hours of coverage and mark the first time that the Olympic Games will be distributed in the U.S. in 3D. The 3D broadcasts will be shown on next-day delay and will span multiple competitions throughout the 2012 London Summer Olympic Games.
* Specialty Channels: Dedicated 24/7 basketball and soccer channels are available to Xfinity TV customers, and will total 770 hours of NBC’s HD coverage. Additionally, all men’s soccer matches and Team USA women’s soccer matches will be available in Spanish via SAP.