ANN ARBOR — The product lifecycle management consulting and research firm CIMdata Inc. Tuesday announced the release of the CIMdata 2012 PLM Market Industry Analysis Report, the fourth of five modules of the CIMdata PLM Market Analysis Report Series.
The MAR Series provides detailed information and in-depth analysis of the worldwide PLM market during 2011. It contains analyses of major trends and issues, leading PLM providers, revenue analyses for geographical regions, industry sectors, and historical and projected data on market growth.
“While the global economy sputtered, the PLM economy grew faster in 2011 than in 2010, which was a very good year,” according to Stan Przybylinski, CIMdata’s Director of Research, “Most segments of the market that CIMdata tracks saw high double digit growth, with very strong license sales. Given that new license sales are often precursors to more software and services investment, this is a strong indicator that 2012 could be another solid year for PLM solution and services providers. Strong growth continued in industries with long-time PLM investments, such as automotive, high-tech and fabrication and assembly. Some other small markets, like shipbuilding and infrastructure also saw increased spending.”
This report provides Mainstream PLM and segment estimates for 2011 and forecasts for 2012 through 2016 for all industry sectors covered by CIMdata, with a special focus on the cPDm segment.
The CIMdata PLM Market Analysis Report Series is packaged as five modules:
* The CIMdata 2012 Executive PLM Market Report provides an overview of CIMdata’s complete global analysis. It includes key charts on PLM market investment statistics through 2011, forecasts of investments for 2012 through 2016, and a summary of PLM providers’ performance in 2011.
* The CIMdata 2012 PLM Industry Review and Trends Report is mainly qualitative in nature, and focuses on key issues facing the global PLM ecosystem of solution providers and end user organizations. It highlights changes that occurred in 2011, what effects those changes may have in the short and medium term, and what is on the horizon in the years to come.
* The CIMdata 2012 PLM Market and Solution Supplier Provider Analysis Report details measures of and forecasts for the overall PLM market and key segments, including Tools, cPDm, and Digital Manufacturing. The Tools section has additional details on sub-segments, including MCAD, NC, S&A, EDA, and AEC. It also includes CIMdata’s estimates of PLM solution supplier provider revenues in these segments and sub-segments for 2012 through 2016.
* The CIMdata 2012 PLM Market Geographic Analysis Report provides an additional view of the 2011 market results, by major geography. CIMdata’s 2011 estimates and market forecasts for PLM and the major PLM market segments are provided for the Americas, EMEA, and Asia-Pacific. In addition, the report includes estimates and forecasts for the cPDm segment within specific European and Asia-Pacific countries and regions.
* The CIMdata 2012 PLM Market Industry Analysis Report provides an industry segmentation view of the 2011 market results. CIMdata’s 2011 estimates and market forecasts for Mainstream PLM and cPDm are provided for eight different industry sectors: aerospace and defense; automotive and other transportation; electronics-telecommunications; fabrication and assembly; process-packaged goods; process petrochemical; utilities; and construction, infrastructure and shipbuilding.
The CIMdata PLM Market Analysis Report Series is available as a five-module set or each module can be purchased separately. It is also available as part of the CIMdata PLM Community Gold Membership. Further details and pricing information about the report and Community Memberships are available at www.CIMdata.com.
Founded in 1983, CIMdata provides strategic management consulting to maximize an enterprise’s ability to design and deliver innovative products and services through the application of PLM products and services.
More at www.CIMdata.com.