Woman Dies After Falling Into Fireplace
STERLING HEIGHTS (WWJ) - In Sterling Heights police say a disabled woman is dead after she apparently fell into her home’s gas fireplace.
The victim was discovered Thursday at her home 13000 block of Whittier Dr., near Schoenherr Rd. and Moravian. Police said the woman’s sister became worried when she hadn’t been able to reach her.
The victim was confined to a motorized wheelchair. Police believe she was reaching for a knob on the fireplace when she accidentally fell in.
Her name has not been released.