Matt’s Favorites: Check Out The New BlackBerry, Watson Goes To College, Nifty Air Travel
SOUTHFIELD — So what’s the latest in the wonderful world of technology? Well, just check out these amazing tidbits…
* Well, if you aren’t already on your way to Lawrence Technological University in Southfield this morning, you may already be too late for our WWJ Tech Report event where you’ll learn a ton about IT security — your loss! Just remember, when I tell you an event is good… it’s REALLY good. No bull.
* Wii U sales are weak as well.
* IBM is sending its supercomputer Watson to college to boost its skills. Just stay away from those frat parties, dude.)
* In aviation, check out the Aeroscraft, the high-tech half-blimp, half-hovercraft.
* On the 10th anniversary of the loss of space shuttle Columbia, this looks like a very worthy documentary.
* Also in aviation, this seventh grade science project sends Hello Kitty to the edge of space.
* A little farther out, “Comet of the Century”? Let’s hope so… wouldn’t THAT be cool!
* A little farther farther out, a relatively close star appears to host a baby solar system.
* A fungus known as the “Himalayan Viagra” because of its alleged libido-boosting powers is increasingly scarce due to overharvesting.
* Unmanned aerial drones may get a new job in the United States — highway patrol.
* A federal judge has rejected Apple’s demand to increase the $1.05 billion in damages a jury ordered Samsung to pay its fiercest rival in the smartphone market.
* From our friends at CNet News.com, the latest iPhone 5S rumor roundup.