Compuware Announces Best Practices for Optimizing Cloud and Virtualized Applications
DETROIT — Compuware Corp. (Nasdaq:CPWR) Monday announced the publication of its latest Application Performance Management Best Practices collection, titled “Optimizing Cloud & Virtualized Applications.”
Written by staff in Compuware’s APM Center of Excellence, this new volume provides best practices and techniques that enable senior managers, IT team leaders and practitioners to manage and optimize application performance in cloud environments. Download this volume here.
Cloud and virtualization are two of the most transformational technology trends in the IT industry today. Initially, a common concern with the migration to these environments is centered on data integrity and security. As adoption moves from departmental applications and test environments to business-critical applications, managing performance and availability has become a critical issue. This volume examines the business and operational challenges associated with these changes.
Topics covered in this new volume include:
* application performance challenges of working in a virtualized environment;
* why performance management is easier in public clouds rather than in on-premise clouds;
* the challenge of managing hybrid-cloud applications;
* paradigm shift in cost structure and its risk in the public cloud; and
* how to monitor and analyze performance of the Windows Azure Storage Service.
Compuware APM is the industry’s leading solution for optimizing the performance of Web, non-Web, mobile, streaming and cloud applications. Driven by end-user experience, Compuware APM provides the market’s only unified APM coverage across the entire application delivery chain — from the edge of the internet through the cloud to the data center.
More at www.compuware.com.