Filed underBusiness, Daily J AM, Health, Local, News, Radio.com - News, Syndicated Local, Syndication
For more trusted health
news and information,
visit CBS Detroit's
DETROIT (WWJ) - A fertility pharmacy is recalling medications that were sent to patients in Michigan and other state. The thousands of vials were shipped from Village Fertility Pharmacy in Massachusetts over the last three months.
Officials say the voluntary recall came after something was found floating in several vials of the fertility medication progesterone. No patients have suffered any health effects so far.
“We are working cooperatively with all government agencies and are awaiting the results of the investigation,” according to Stuart Levine, president of Village Fertility Pharmacy. “While no patients have reported any adverse effects, we believe the prudent course is to recall all of these medications.”
The recall includes:
• Progesterone Injection Cottonseed Oil 50 MG/ML
• Progesterone Injection Olive Oil 50 MG/ML, 100 MG/ML
• Progesterone Injection Sesame Oil 50 MG/ML, 100 MG/ML
• Progesterone Injection Ethyl Oleate 50 MG/ML, 100 MG/ML
• Hydroxy Progesterone Caproate 250 MG/ML
• Compounded Leuprolide Acetate 1MG/.2ML
You can find more information on the recall HERE.