DETROIT — Compuware Corp. (Nasdaq:CPWR) Tuesday announced the availability of the free Compuware APM Mobile Application Monitoring Service. Compuware says it’s first and only free system that combines crash, performance and business analytics for native mobile applications.
Compuware pioneered mobile APM, first delivering measurement systems more than three years ago. This new free offering enables mobile application and operations teams to accelerate time-to-market for new applications and ensure great end-user experiences.
Compuware Mobile Application Monitoring Free Edition is software as a service that monitors mobile performance from the real user perspective. This gives organizations the ability to analyze who is using their mobile applications; see performance by device and browser; know the impact of device characteristics such as signal strength, battery charge and memory; all with integrated crash detection and diagnostics. This insight enables IT and business leaders to proactively address performance issues and maximize business results, which is of critical importance as mobile engagement continues its explosive growth.
“Our customers tell us they need better solutions for managing mobile applications. They started with crash analytics, but as mobile applications have become mainstream, they now want crash, performance and business analytics all in one easy-to-use solution,” said Steve Tack, vice president of product management for Compuware’s APM business unit. “As mobile applications become industrialized, operations, development and business teams are looking for all three dimensions in a single Mobile APM solution.”
Mobile Application Monitoring Free Edition features the following capabilities:
* Monitoring of Real End-Users’ Mobile Application Experiences: Compuware APM Mobile Application Monitoring Free Edition is the only solution that monitors and tracks application usage, performance, availability, business level information, and captures and detects crashes in a single solution. With the Free Edition, you can begin monitoring all aspects of an iOS or Android mobile application in minutes.
* Mobile Application Usage Tracking: tracks the numbers of users and their application sessions across geographies, devices and networks, giving organizations the insight needed to optimize their applications to achieve better business results.
* Availability Measurement and Reporting: delivers insight into whether the application is stable and consistently available, able to serve the customer when it is needed, every time.
* Monitoring Mobile Application Performance: Free Edition measures performance of a mobile application directly from the mobile device to understand the end-user impact of poor performance, with detailed performance trending and patterns over time.
* Isolating Root Causes of Crashes and Errors, Down to the Line of Code: capture and analyze any error or crash that end users experience. Drill down on crashes to see what happened on a device at the time of a crash and identify critical information such as operating system, carrier, geographic location, battery level, other running applications, and the specific line of code where the problem occurred.
“We have used Compuware’s Mobile Application Monitoring solution with great success since 2012. Before that, we did not have an end-to-end view of performance from the real user perspective, and resolving issues was definitely a challenge for us,” said Christian Kaar, CTO and co-founder of Runtastic. “Now with the combination of crash, performance and business analytics, we can solve problems quickly all from one solution.”
Runtastic is a provider of apps, hardware devices, and online services that measure, track and analyze health and fitness data. To date, more than 22 million people have downloaded Runtastic’s mobile applications.
Compuware’s leadership in mobile APM dates back to 2009 when the company delivered the industry’s first mobile synthetic testing software. More than 500 businesses, from small enterprises to Fortune 100 companies, currently use Compuware APM’s mobile systems.