3 Hospitalized For Suspected Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

DETROIT (WWJ) – A baby and two women were taken to area hospitals Thursday for treatment of possible carbon monoxide poisoning.

The victims, a 24-year-old and 23-year-old woman, and an 11-month-old child, were taken from an apartment on Selden Street, near Grand River in downtown Detroit, early in the morning.

There was no world on their conditions Thursday afternoon.

Carbon monoxide is created when something burns without an adequate supply of oxygen.

The Michigan Department of Community Health warns you should never use generators, barbecue grills, camping stoves or other gasoline or charcoal-burning devices inside your home, basement, or garage, or near an open window.

Health officials say up to 50 Michiganders, and 400 people nationwide, die each year from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Detroit

Best 4th Of July Concerts In Metro DetroitStaying home this weekend? Celebrate the 4th of July by rocking out at one of these shows.
Hump Day Drinks: 8 Cheery Cocktail RecipesNow that you've made it through half the work week, it's time to celebrate!

Watch & Listen