TROY — Troy-based iDashboards Thursday announced the availability of version 8.0 of its iDashboards data visualization software.
The company says that through an innovative approach to data visualization, this major release combines visual intelligence, captivating graphics and rapid dashboard development features to create a dashboard experience that allows users make data driven decisions faster than ever before.
Following a pre-release to select customers this past spring, iDashboards v8.0 was revealed to the 2013 iDashboards Users Conference last month in New Orleans. Enrichments including the ViFrame, ViGallery, ViGraphics and ViPanel are exclusive to iDashboards’ software. The announcement of data connectivity to Google Analytics and MS Analysis Services (OLAP Cubes) grabbed the attention of attendees and answered a need for increased functionality.
“The Dashboard Designer Ribbon is awesome,” said user Tracy Hanner, administrative computing information specialist at Carl Sandburg College. “I love having the ability to change the frames on the charts. Being able to rename a dashboard saves a lot of hassle when I have to make major changes or move things around. My favorite part of iDashboards v8.0 so far is the drag and drop option to move charts around. It is perfect when you are trying to find that perfect look. The Visibility Pack has also been an excellent addition. I was able to do a lot of cleanup seeing what charts were just hanging out there, and spreadsheets that were not being used anymore.”
* Dashboard Designer framework: Enables users to quickly and easily build dashboards with user-friendly toolbars
* Drag & Drop: Ability to open and reposition charts, panels and frame borders
* Color Palettes: Create customized global or personal color palettes and apply them to chart axes and range sets
* Automap data columns to chart axes
* ViPanel Framework: Embed Flash applications directly in dashboards
* Updated and new chart types including Gantt and Population Distribution Charts
* Enhanced magnification with full chart interaction
* New “Dashboard Launcher” panel
* Advanced controls for LCD License and Display Solution
“The enhanced capabilities in iDashboards v8.0 empower users with a deeper understanding of their data,” said Shadan Malik, CEO of iDashboards. “This release is the evolution of our vision for a dashboard solution that is so visually rich and easy to use that it is utilized at every level within an organization.”
More at www.iDashboards.com.