Teen Dies After Touching Downed Power Line
DETROIT (WWJ) – A 14-year-old Detroit boy has died, one week after he was shocked by a downed power line.
Police said Malik Shelton grabbed a live wire last Monday as he was walking home after school was canceled due to a power outage.
The boy was pronounced dead at the scene but was revived at the hospital.
Police said the three boys who were with Malik at the time should be considered heroes because they got the wire off their friend by using a piece of wood.
Shelton was a student at Burns Middle School on the city’s west side.
There was no word from the school, as of Thursday afternoon. on how they will handle the teen’s death when school resumes next week.