You’re Invited: Holiday DLight @nite Block Party Friday In Detroit
DETROIT (WWJ) – There’s no party like a Detroit party, and everyone’s invited to this one.
Quicken Loans and other businesses that are part of the Rock Ventures Family are hosting a block party on Friday, Dec. 20.
The Holiday DLight @nite “party will have music, shopping, free food (scroll down for details), street performers, and music.
Detroit area artists will showcase their talent from the patio in front of the Hudson Cafe including DJ Brandon Christopher, The Rapt Collective, Stereo Jane, and Stevie Soul & Omar Aragones.
Anyone planning to attend is asked to bring gently used jeans, coats, warm clothes, or new bath or hygiene products that will be donated to Heart 2 Hart Detroit for those in need. Donation bins will be placed in front of The Detroit Shoppe and Moosejaw on the 1200 block of Woodward Avenue.
The party begins at 6 p.m. along Woodward Avenue near Grand River, by the Compuware building, and ends at 9 p.m.
Retailers on the 1200 block of Woodward Avenue will provide free or discounted food and drinks:
• Faygo pop at The Detroit Shoppe
• Happy hour cocktails at Rock Paper Scissors (4 p.m. to 7 p.m.)
• Hot chocolate at Spielhaus Toys, provided by the Bearclaw Coffee Co.
• Hummus platters and hot wraps at D:hive, provided by neighboring Chickpea in the D
• Fresh-made crepes at Somerset Collection CityLoft
• Happy hour at Moosejaw featuring brews from Atwater Brewery (4 p.m. to 9 p.m.)
There will also be the opportunity to finish up any last-minute shopping at the following retailers that will be open from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Friday:
• The Detroit Shoppe – All “made in Detroit”-themed merchandise to show off our great city.
• Rock, Paper, Scissors – Holiday stocking stuffers, home décor, gift items, stationery and cards. Shoppers are invited to purchase a $15 tote; everything you can stuff in the bag is 15% off.
• The Hand Made Company – Unique pop-up featuring all Detroit/Michigan-made merchants, including Andrea Rosenfeld Jewelry, Brightly Twisted, Damn Handsome Grooming Company and more.
• Spielhaus Toys – An independent pop-up toy store where you will find high-quality, unique and safe toys, games and books for the holidays.
• Somerset Collection CityLoft – Your favorite Somerset merchants in the heart of Detroit. December 19 – 21 is the FINAL weekend of the season!
• Moosejaw – Outdoor gear and apparel store. Enjoy a free holiday happy hour while you shop from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Friday, December 20!
• Holiday Marketplace – More than two dozen specialty artisan, boutique, and local food vendors featured in decorated outdoor huts, providing a unique shopping destination in Cadillac Square.