Are You Ready For Some Baseball? Tigers Opening Day Complete Details
Buy Tigers Tickets
DETROIT (WWJ) – It’s Detroit’s annual spring rite of passage and the biggest party of the year, The Detroit Tigers Home Opener and 97.1 The Ticket’s Opening Day Block Party. The Tigers will take on the Kansas City Royals at Comerica Park on Monday, March 31st at 1:05 p.m. Catch complete coverage on 97.1 The Ticket, your radio home for Tigers baseball!
Join us for the Opening Day Block Party starting at 10 a.m. in Grand Circus Park, downtown Detroit. Admission to the Block Party is FREE. (FIND MORE INFORMATION HERE)
97.1 The Ticket Opening Day Block Party
Monday, March 31, 2014
10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Grand Circus Park, downtown Detroit
Admission to the Block Party is FREE
The party kicks off with 98.7 AMP Radio’s Chris James on the McDonald’s Music Stage. Test your gaming skills in the new 97.1 The Ticket Gaming Trailer – presented by WOW! Internet, Cable and Phone, try out the Detroit Tigers Fast Pitch Game, or get your pix taken in the Soaring Eagle Casino and Resort Photo Booth, plus so much more … [HERE]
Meet your favorite radio personality!
Click on [HERE] for a complete list of personalities and schedule:
From 97.1 The Ticket, 104.3 WOMC, 98.7 AMP, 99.5 WYCD, and from WWJ Newsradio 950!
Brena, will headline The Music Stage at the Opening Day Block Party! West Michigan’s premier party band takes to the McDonald’s Music Stage at 97.1 The Ticket’s annual Opening Day Block Party, starting at 11 a.m. From alternative to pop rock, the Grand Rapids based band plays music from the 70′s to hits of today, along with original music. Band members include: Craig – Keyboards, Dan – Bass, Kevin – Drums, Sean – Vox/Trombomonicuitar and Steffan – Vox/Violumpet.
For more information on Brena, check out their website here.
There will be stricter security at Comerica Park, including Walk-Through Metal Detectors, and stricter bag rules on Opening Day
Here’s what you need to know for 2014:
· Guests are encouraged to arrive early to avoid a longer wait to enter the ballpark.
· As in past years, all guests will be subject to bag searches and all bags will be checked.
· Only bags that comply with MLB standards of 16x16x8 will be admitted.
- Guests will need to empty their pockets of keys, mobile phones, and other items before walking through the metal detector. Guests can opt of the walk thru metal detector screening but they will be subject to hand held metal detector screening or alternative screening procedures.
- It is suggested guests minimize the amount of items they bring to the ballpark.
- There will be no access to the ballpark from the Beer Hall or the Labatt Blue Light Jungle outside doors
In the future gates will open at 5 p.m. for 7:08 p.m. games, 11:00 a.m. for 1:08 p.m. starts and 2 p.m. for 4:08 p.m. games. The two hours before game time will afford patrons more time to enter the ballpark and also the opportunity to watch part of Tigers batting practice.
PERMITTED/NON PERMITTED ITEMS
Guests will be asked to return all restricted items back to their vehicle. Guests who are caught in the park with a restricted item(s) will have the object confiscated and may be subject to ejection.
Permitted Items after inspection:
· ALL BAGS/PURSES ARE SUBJECT TO INSPECTION
· baseball mitts/gloves
· bags smaller than 16″ x 16″ x 8″ (including soft sided coolers, backpacks and diaper bags, bags cannot have a rigid interior or exterior frame)
· cameras still and video ( tri-, uni-, or mono- pods are prohibited)
· drink boxes, if you have children in your party or for medical needs
· factory sealed clear bottles of unflavored water
· Individual portion sized food or snacks (outside food is not allowed into the suites)
· plastic baby bottles if you have a child in your party
· seat cushions
· small radios
· strollers (umbrella-type that folds up and will fit underneath the seat, large strollers may be checked at Guest Services)
· umbrellas (large golf umbrellas and umbrellas with metal tips are strongly discouraged)
Non Permitted Items:
· Aerosol cans (hairspray, mace, pepper spray, etc.)
· animals (except certified service animals or service animals in training)
· bags larger than 16″ x 16″ x 8″
· baseball bats of any size
· beach balls or other inflatable items
· beverages (except juice boxes with children in your party, or for medical needs)
· bottles (glass or plastic with the exception of factory sealed clear bottles of unflavored water)
· fireworks, firearms, knives or weapons of any kind
· fishing nets or poles
· framed back
· hard sided coolers
· illegal drugs or substances of any kind
· laser devices/pointers
· liquid containers (glass or plastic with the exception of factory sealed clear bottles of unflavored water)
· markers, paint
· masks (face cannot be covered up)
· noisemaking devices: air horns, bullhorns, thunder sticks, cowbells, bells, horns, kazoos, whistles, and other noisemakers
· non-baseball related signs
· objects that can be used as missiles or projectiles: sticks, bats, clubs, Frisbees, beach balls
· obscene or indecent clothing
· skateboards or rollerblades
· squirt guns including super soakers
· sticks, including signs attached to sticks
· stools, folding chairs, stools or back supports
Guests are encouraged to take non permitted items back to their car. Items left at the gate are not the responsibility of The Detroit Tigers.
Catch up on the latest news for the Detroit Tigers [HERE].