Patrons Exposed To Chlorine Gas At Amusement Park

MUSKEGON (AP) — Some patrons at a western Michigan amusement park have been hosed down after being exposed to chlorine gas near a wave pool.

Muskegon County Sheriff Dean Roesler tells The Muskegon Chronicle that the gas was created Friday afternoon by the release of a combination of chemicals at Michigan’s Adventure.

Twenty-seven people were being received at two area hospitals. At least 25 people were showered off Friday afternoon in the park’s parking lot. A hazardous materials response team, paramedics and firefighters were called to the park.

WJRW-AM reports that two hospitals went on lockdown earlier due to the risk of chlorine exposure.

Michigan’s Adventure, north of Grand Rapids in Muskegon, is the state’s largest amusement and water park.

 

(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Detroit

Best 4th Of July Concerts In Metro DetroitStaying home this weekend? Celebrate the 4th of July by rocking out at one of these shows.
Hump Day Drinks: 8 Cheery Cocktail RecipesNow that you've made it through half the work week, it's time to celebrate!
Daily J

Watch & Listen