By Edward Cardenas
SOUTHFIELD (CBS Detroit) – Amazon’s new mobile phone hit the market Friday with a variety of features which differ from those already on the market.
The phone, which is available at Amazon.com and at AT&T stores, features Dynamic Perspective – which provides added access to information and 3-d views of games, maps and more; and Firefly – which provides access to Amazon content; and instant access to support.
“(The Amazon Fire phone is) a very high-quality, fluid device,” stated Leaane Jackson, AT&T store manager.
This is the latest product the on-line retailer has brought to market. Previously it has rolled out the Amazon Fire TV, which provides streaming video services and competes with Apple TV and Google Chrome, and the Kindle line of tablets and e-books.
The Amazon Fire offers:
- A 4.7-inch screen
- 32 or 64GB version
- Gorilla glass which provides a stronger screen
- Over 22,000 apps available in an app store, including favorites such as Facebook, Angry Birds and Kim Kardashian Hollywood
- A free, one-year subscription to Amazon Prime
- Free, unlimited storage of photos
- Dynamic Perspective which uses a sensor system of small cameras and infrared LEDs which allows the screen display to respond to the way users hold, view and interact with the Amazon Fire.
- A dedicated button which allows access to the Firefly app, which allows phone owners to point the camera at an ad to allow access to a company’s Website or phone number; identify songs or videos; or compare prices while shopping in stores.
The phone is $199 with a two-year agreement.