By: Evan Jankens
Beer, hot dogs and baseball. Those three things go together better than most anything else in the world. Peanut butter and jelly don’t stand a chance.
The Washington Post compiled a list of the best beers in Major League Baseball and Comerica Park’s beers rank pretty darn high.
According to the Washington Post, Comerica Park has the sixth best beer selection in all of MLB. The Seattle Mariners came in first, with the Red and Indians rounding out the top 3.
According to the Washington Post here is how they came up with their rankings:
Our rankings determine the overall status of beer available in each MLB stadium by considering three factors. Quality is determined by the number of beers ranked “very good” or better, according to BeerAdvocate.com. Locality is how many breweries represented are based in the same state as the team. Uniqueness is the number of breweries available only at one MLB stadium. Each of these rankings is given equal weight.
Here are the top 5 beers listed that you can purchase at Comerica Park.
5. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale – Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. Chico, California with a score of 90 outstanding.
4. Founders Dirty Bastard – Founders Brewing Company Grand Rapids, Michigan with a score of 90 outstanding.
3. Founders Red’s Rye IPA – Founders Brewing Company Grand Rapids, Michigan with a score of 93 outstanding.
2. Founders Porter – Founders Brewing Company Grand Rapids, Michigan with a score of 95 world-class.
1. Two Hearted Ale – Bell’s Brewery, Inc. Kalamazoo, Michigan with a score of 95 world-class.
What beers were missed and which is your favorite?