Death Of Man After Fight At Hank Williams, Jr. Concert Ruled A Homicide
PONTIAC (WWJ) – The death of a man who police say was shoved at a Hank Williams, Jr. concert at DTE Energy Music Theatre last weekend has been ruled a homicide.
The Oakland County Medical Examiner released its report regarding the death of 55-year-old Robert Kobe on Friday.
Kobe had gone to the concert last Sunday with a group of neighbor friends — and in that group was a 15 year-old boy from Wayne. That teenager allegedly shoved Kobe, who then hit his head on the concrete in the concourse area of the theatre.
“Preliminary information said that kind of a shoving altercation was occurring between the teenager and the victim,” Sheriff Mike Bouchard said earlier this week. “Early information is that it actually precipitated by the victim.”
The Oakland County Sheriff’s Office said Kobe was pronounced dead at 12:04 p.m. Tuesday, by Dr. Doyle of McLaren Hospital in Pontiac.
The 15-year old was questioned and released pending the outcome of the investigation. Sheriff investigators are talking with witnesses and a report is expected to be forwarded to the Oakland County Prosecutor’s office next week; and prosecutors will decide if any criminal charges will be filed.
Kobe’s son, Corey Kobe, told WWJ Newsradio 950 that his father loved to horse around and he’s sure the incident started off as good-natured fun — and that his dad’s death was a terrible accident.
“Given the circumstances of what I’ve come to learn, there’s no reason to believe that there was any kind of foul play involved,” he said.