By Edward Cardenas
SOUTHFIELD (CBS Detroit) – AT&T has enhanced service for customers in three metro Detroit counties.
Customers in Lapeer, Macomb and Oakland counties are the latest counties to have improved mobile Internet coverage and voice performance through system enhancements.
“AT&T’s new investment in our community will keep families connected and help our businesses compete better than ever before,” said Sterling Heights Mayor Mike Taylor in a statement.
This investment has expanded the company’s 4G LTE network in these counties, and across Michigan.
By enhancing 11 cell sites in Lapeer County, customers will find faster data speeds and improved performance in the areas of:
- Lapeer – near Higley Road, north of I-69,
- Attica – S. Lake George Road, between Payne and Belle River Road,
- Metamora – east of M-24, along County Highway 62,
- Columbiaville – LeValley Road, west of Peters Road,
In Macomb County, new layers of frequency known as “carriers” have been added to seven cell sites in the county will create stronger Internet connections and help better manage mobile traffic in the areas of:
- Fraser – south of 15 Mile road, between Hayes and Utica roads,
- Harrison Township – north of Lake St. Clair Metropark, near 16 Mile Road and Jefferson Avenue,
- New Baltimore – in the area surrounding Baker Road and Washington Street,
- Sterling Heights – (two sites) near 15 Mile Road, between Dequindre and Ryan roads and south of M-59, between Oleander Drive and Delco Boulevard,
- Warren – (two sites) north of E. 9 Mile Road, between Mound Road and Sherwood Avenue and west of M-97 near Toepfer Road and Nagel Street
AT&T also added carriers to 11 cell sites in Oakland County, where customers will find stronger Internet connections and better mobile connections in the areas of:
- Farmington Hills – along Farmington Road, near Walnut Lane, north of 13 Mile Road,
- Ferndale – between Livernois Road and Bermuda Street, just north of 9 Mile road,
- Leonard – Rochester Road north, south of Lakeville Lake,
- Ortonville – west of 15 Mile Road, near Wolfe Road,
- Oxford – (two sites) east of M-24, south of Glaspie Street and along M-24, south of W. Oakwood Road,
- Pontiac – near Dawson’s Millpond Beaudette Park, north of Telegraph Road ,
- Rochester Hills – near Marketplace Circle and Industrial Drive,
- Southfield – between 12 Mile and 13 Mile roads, east of Inkster Road and Northwestern Hwy.,
- Troy – near West Big Beaver and Coolidge Hwy.,
- Wixom – south of Pontiac Trail, near Wixom Road
These are the latest enhancements to AT&T’s 4G LTE network, which launched in Detroit in September 2012.