Microwave Fire Starts Blaze At Novi Apartment Complex

NOVI (WWJ) — Residents of a Novi apartment complex came home to a heavy police and fire presence on Friday evening.

It happened at the Country Place Condos on Eight Mile Rd. near Meadowbrook at around 5 p.m. Police say that the blaze originated in a kitchen when a microwave caught on fire.

No injuries have been reported.

Melissa Greenshield said her heart sank when she pulled into the complex because she thought her building was on fire.

“I went to go pull down our street and there is — I’m not exaggerating — like 14 firetrucks, there is two DTE trucks, there is four ambulances, there’s probably eight cop cars and all of the roads are blocked off,” Greenshield told WWJ Newsradio 950.

Greenshield said unfortunately it was the building behind hers that was on fire. She said she doesn’t know her neighbors well, but she feels awful.

[Stay with CBSDetroit.com and LISTEN LIVE to WWJ Newsradio 950 for the latest]

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Detroit

Best Places To See Indie Rock In DetroitIt's called Detroit Rock City for a reason.
Guide: Best Barbecue In Metro DetroitSometimes, nothing hits the spot like good barbecue.

Watch & Listen