SOUTHFIELD (WWJ) – It’s unclear at this time what led to a literal dumpster fire at a Detroit-area Chipotle Mexican Grill.

Reporting live from the scene, Thursday morning — behind the popular fast casual burrito joint in the Tel-Twelve shopping center at 12 Mile Rd. and Telegraph —WWJ’s Charlie Langton said witnesses were worried about a high voltage electrical box and wooden fence dangerously close to the flames.

“People at Chipotle, they tell me it just started. They were trying to get a fire extinguisher, but that did not work,” Langton reported.

A Southfield fire crew was quick to get to the scene and was able to keep the flames from spreading. There was plenty of smoke, but fire seemed to be under control by around 8:30 a.m., well ahead of the restaurant’s opening time of 10:45 a.m.

No one was injured.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Detroit

Best Cooking Classes In DetroitLearn how to whip up some wonderful dishes while having fun!
5 Bucket List Items To Cross Off In DetroitThe “must-do” items for anyone making a trip to Detroit.

Watch & Listen LIVE