Meth Lab Fire, Drugs, Fire Department, Shelby Township, Police, Planet Fitness

SHELBY TOWNSHIP (WWJ) – Police in Shelby Township tell us a man was severely injured today and taken to the hospital after reports indicate he was burned in his house in a fire caused by a meth lab.

It’s believed the man, whose house is near 23-Mile Road and Van Dyke, then drove himself to a nearby Planet Fitness to take a shower in the locker room. The incident occurred just after 3:30 p.m. on Friday.

He was then transported to the hospital via ambulance. The man was found with burns over portions of his body

According to WDIV, Police have blocked off the area and the Planet Fitness was evacuated due to contamination.

Keep it tuned to Newsradio 950 as this story is still developing.


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Detroit

Best Cooking Classes In DetroitLearn how to whip up some wonderful dishes while having fun!
5 Bucket List Items To Cross Off In DetroitThe “must-do” items for anyone making a trip to Detroit.
Best Spots For A Quick Lunch In Downtown DetroitThese places will get you in and out.

Watch & Listen LIVE