Oakland County Woman Ordered To Jail After Refusing To Vaccinate Her Son

PONTIAC (WWJ) – An Oakland County woman has been sentenced to seven days in jail after refusing to comply with an order to vaccinate her 9-year-old son.

The order was handed down in Oakland County Circuit Court Wednesday, at which time Judge Karen McDonald also announced that the boy would be vaccinated today.

In explaining her decision, McDonald pointed out that Rebecca Breedow of Ferndale, together with her attorney, signed an order in November, 2016, agreeing that the child would be vaccinated. McDonald said that there was never an appeal of that order, and that Breedow never asked to have the order set aside.

The court order stems from an earlier custody hearing where the boy’s father said he wanted the vaccinations for the child. Breedow told WWJ that she objected to grouping the shots together. [Get more details about the case].

Breedow’s husband, Gary Breedow, disagrees with the judge’s decision.

“I think it’s horrific; to me it’s a worst case scenario,” he said. “For a mother who has done and followed all of the state exemption laws, never had her voice truly heard in this court…I think it’s absolutely horrible.”

Michigan is one of 17 states that allows for medical, religious, and philosophical exemptions from vaccines.

Rebecca Breedow has said she believes McDonald was motivated by her own pro-vaccine beliefs; and her husband says they will appeal.

Tasha Shurgin was among protesters gathered outside the courthouse. How does she feel about the outcome?

“I don’t think that going to jail is ever good, but I think it’s important that people stand for what they believe,” she told WWJ’s Charlie Langton. “I don’t think she could life with herself; I know I couldn’t live with myself if I was forced to make a decision that goes against everything I believe in.”

The boy is now in the custody of his father.

Comments

1. Decisions about what this country is going to look like in the future are about to be made. Why not simply take the child, shoot him up, give him back? Done. Why bother going through some kind of ‘process’ which is only designed to have the same exact effect?

1. Sam Wise says:

Good for her, this is a caring mother.

-WARNING: DANGER–
      Don’t get any vaccine!

— There are cancer causing viruses in all vaccines, because they are grown in puss, some use pig puss, chick puss, monkey puss, cow puss, even aborted human baby puss. Inside the puss are viruses that are too small to filter out, and many of these viruses cause cancer.
      — Then there is the formaldehyde and aluminium and other toxins in vaccine.
      Search for “wiki vaccine ingredient list” and see if you still want those toxins injected into you or your children.
      — The vice president of British Childrens Cancer Hospital said the chief reason for increase in cancers was due to vaccinations.
      — If vaccines really worked then the other children are protected from your unvaccinated child, but reality it that when there is an outbreak of “whatever”, between 85-99% of victims were already vaccinated, so they don’t work anyway, so why inject cancer viruses and toxins into your bodies.
      FYI: Flu vaccines still contain mercury under name of thimerosal, don’t ever get flu shot.

Government is our servant, citizens are the master. Our Public servants have no business telling us what to do, they serve us, and we tell them what to do.
      The US is becoming a police state. Use income tax law to keep government small and manageable.

whatistaxed c om

1. Matthew Beech says:

And vaccines contain dihydrogen monoxide!!! DHMO can kill a child in minutes!

Yeah there are “toxins,” but the level is so low it’s not even a threat to mice. Please, let’s actually look at science and not just have knee-jerk reactions. There’s also arsenic in your water. Let’s not forget the anthrax that’s in our environment everywhere. Or the bubonic plague that still pops up.

Also, your stat on outbreaks, not really helpful. When anti-vaxxers don’t vaccinate they break the herd immunity.

Dr Bell is a quack and shows no research to back up his claim. Typical. Also, most the sites that contain his quote are rather, shall we say, conspiratorial.

1. Can O'Korn says:

That’s absurd. Many of the diseases we are seeing had already been eliminated from our population prior to Obama opening the flood gates.

Illegal immigration is what brought back these viruses we haven’t seen in 50 years. It has nothing to do with “herd immunity”. Those vaccinated in the “herd” are not at risk. It’s those who cannot be vaccinated who are at risk.

Also herd immunity allows other viruses to outcompete those viruses the herd is immunized against. So it works both ways.

2. I watched my 1 year old grandson go autistic the week after his 1 year vaccines. The week before his was completely normal and to watch a bright happy social boy to suddenly turn away from those he loved to stare at the wall, and cry because people would look at him. He is doing better after years of working with him but I’m not sure he will ever be what he was before the shots.

1. John Akridge says:

I’m so sorry Ruth Gauthier, many in the medical profession have seen first hand instances like yours but their voices are silenced. I will pray for your grandson. God bless you.

2. Ruth,

Tragic if true. Statistically there is no link. Why do you have a fake facebook page?

2. You are a complete moron. Time to leave your mom’s basement and go to school.

3. Vaccine Pioneer Admits Adding Cancer-Causing Virus To Vaccine

In this interview Dr. Maurice Hilleman reveals some astounding revelations. He admits that Merck drug company vaccines (Polio) had been deliberately contaminated with SV40, a cancer-causing monkey virus from 1953 – 63.

For years, researchers suggested that millions of vials of polio vaccine, contaminated with SV40, infected individuals which caused human tumors, and by 1999, molecular evidence of SV40 infections were showing up in children born after 1982. Some experts now suggest the virus may have remained in the polio vaccine until as late as 1999.

In 2002, the journal Lancet published compelling evidence that contaminated polio vaccine was responsible for up to half of the 55,000 non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma cases that were occurring each year. And there is the likelihood that there was an importing and spreading of the AIDS virus in the same manner, as revealed in the video. At first no one could fathom how the virus had been transmitted into the human population, but this shocking video proves that it was deliberately added to the vaccine by Dr. Maurice Hilleman, which was “good science” at that time.

Just Who is Dr. Maurice Hilleman? Now, for those of you who may think Dr. Hilleman was just another crackpot (he passed away in 2005), think again. He was, and still is, the leading vaccine pioneer in the history of vaccines. He developed more than three dozen vaccines—more than any other scientist in history—and was the developer of Merck’s vaccine program. He was a member of the U.S. National Academy of Science, the Institute of Medicine, the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, and the American Philosophical Society, and received a special lifetime achievement award from the World Health Organization.

When he was chief of the Department of Respiratory Diseases with what’s now the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, he discovered the genetic changes that occur when the influenza virus mutates, known as shift and drift. He was also one of the early vaccine pioneers to warn about the possibility that simian viruses might contaminate vaccines.So Dr. Hilleman knew what he was talking about. And in his own words, “vaccines have to be considered the bargain basement technology for the 20th Century.”

2. VACCINES CAN AT BEST KILL A CHILD OR AT WORST GIVE THEM A LIFE LONG DISEASE. THE MEASEL SHOT ALMOST KILLED ME AND MADE ME AN EPILEPTIC! THIS HAS COST ME MANY OPPORTUNITY’S AND COST MORE THAN $1,000,000 IN CONTINUING TREATMENTS AND MEDICATIONS! THE SIDEFFECTS OF SOME OF THOSE DRUGS ARE HORRIFIC! KIDNEY STONE ATTACKS THAT LAST FOR 24 STRAIGHT DAYS, GOLD CORNIAS, DRUG STUPOR, SUICIDE, RASHES, NEUROLOGICAL DISEASE AND INJURY…VACCINES ARE RUSSIAN ROULETTE AT BEST!

3. Berke Zane says:

How about forced sanitizing with indoor plumbing and hot water for third world countries? better to feed big pharma and mask the source of disease. It’s the lottery. Only one in a hundred will become a vegetable so what’s the problem. Support blind placebo clinical trials for all things injected into our bodies . If that vial falls to the floor and breaks a biohazard team is to be called. Don’t touch it. Shoot it in your toddler but don’t touch it.

4. COMPLETELY Unconstitutional. And Illegal.

5. Bill Loyal says:

And the medical police state marches on. Doctors and Pharma companies have to make those BMW Payments somehow.

2. U.S. Government Oppression
    #Liberty #Freedom #MSMLIES #MedicalMalpractice

3. Jaret Hill says:

Looks like a solid ruling to me on the following points:
    *Rebecca Breedow signed an order in November, 2016, agreeing that the child would be vaccinated.
    *the boy’s father said he wanted the vaccinations for the child.

4. People forget this child has a father. His opinions count as well.

1. Andrew Ziolo says:

Not really….the mother got custody as usual. In all likelihood the Father’s opinion only coincided with the courts in favor of vaccination. Even after the contempt, violation of the order, etc…. do you think the father will be given custody? Men’s interest count for nothin in divorce court.

5. David Snyder says:

So, here’s a question, if vaccines work, why are they afraid of an unvaccinated child?

1. Jaret Hill says:

Because unvaccinated children are the disease vectors exposing children who are too young for the various vaccinations such as newborn babies, very young children, elderly (who’s vaccinations have weakened over time) and those that are otherwise subject to suppressed or compromised immune system.

1. I wasn’t going to bother commenting until I saw this completely unscientific response from Jaret Hill. Please do some research rather than just spouting off some untruth. 1) read research about shedding from live virus vaccines, 2) please link research that shows that unvaccinated children harbor more disease than vaccinated children, and 3) why are there disease outbreaks in highly vaccinated populations (even 100%?).

1. Lar Jam says:

Government wants to take over as parents, they can’t just secure the border as their only true job. They must tell us how to eat, what schools to go to, what type of healthcare we have. The US is no longer home of the free but home of Government Intrusion.

2. Jaret Hill says:

Here is your science:

Alison Buttenheim, Malia Jones, Yelena Baras. Exposure of California Kindergartners to Students With Personal Belief Exemptions From Mandated School Entry Vaccinations. American Journal of Public Health, 2012; 102 (8): e59

1. Lewis Goudy says:

” Please do some research”
            In other words, “Just google it!” LOL

2. I think vaccination should just be banned all together, and let nature decide who lives, and who doesn’t make the grade. It would be much more efficient that the hypocritical oppression of feminism.

2. Your unvaccinated child may contract contract measles or mumps (for example) and in turn infect my child who is immunosuppressed due to chemotherapy treatments. Vaccinations save lives.

6. Vaccines save countless thousands of lives yearly. Giving many at the same time may overtax the immune system but overall, unvaccinated children are a public health menace.

7. Keith Diggs says:

If something happens to her kid IT’S ON THE JUDGE!.

1. I agree!! its the amount of shots they are going to give him in one day.. if something happens to him, I’d be all over that Judge.. no Absolute way should a child get 9 shots in one day.

8. carac100 says:

Horrific. I don’t trust today’s vaccines at all. Big Pharmaceutical and Big Medicine are designed to protect their own profits, not us.

9. Jeffrey Gee says:

If everyone else is vaccinated what is the big deal? Only the un-vaccinated get sick right???

10. Carl Mayo says:

pro-vaxxers cloud the issue by ignoring the harmful additives in vaccines.
    when you point out the dangers of mercury and squalene, they say “but, but, but… POLIO!”

11. This is a custody battle. Why would a judge leave the child with mom? Better to jail her than OMG let the dad raise the kid. Is the bigotry for women and against men that deep?

12. So the title of the article is a lie. She wasn’t jailed for not vaccinating her child. She was jailed for failing to follow the terms of her contract. She agreed to have the child vaccinated and didn’t after she signed on the line. Vaccinations are wrong and at least she is smart enough for that, just not smart enough to know how to not be bullied in family court… almost none of us are. The husband is an idiot for not knowing how dangerous vaccines are.

13. There’s some seriously paranoid individuals in this country. If it were up to the tinfoil hat crowd, we’d all be dead from the plague. In exchange for Momma getting custody, she signed an agreement that she would have her child vaccinated. She failed to do so and is now in jail. This is not government oppression, this is about a mother who is unfit to care for her own child and unwilling to uphold her legal obligations that she agreed to.

14. Tom Jones says:

What is unclear, and obviously critical to the outcome of this case, is that the woman and her attorney agreed to the court that they would have the child vaccinated. If she was against vaccination in general, why did she agree to have that done?
    But yes, sending er to jail for contempt seems like a very mindless way for the court to enforce its order, but that’s what we can expect from the court today. I don’t know about this judge, but what has been happening over the past 40 or 50 years, is that liberal Governors are being urged to appoint liberal lawyers to the bench––especially women and minorities. Most, of course, have little real-life experiences, and tend to cut to the chase far too quickly. There were many other ways this issue could have been resolved short of jail time. This was hardly the type of a court litigant who needed to “learn a lesson”.

15. This is horrible – what the mother apparently objected to was “bunching” of the vaccines. One year ago this week I went to Nigeria. Not knowing what bunching could do, I decided that besides the 3 vaccines I need to actually enter Nigeria, I decided that what I needed were 3 vaccinations from my local CVS. Long story short, the mercury in the 6 vaccines threw my system so out of whack that it became life threatening. I ended up losing my job because of the mental fog I experienced in addition.

These Medical Authorities” need to do some learning.

16. Via the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act of 1986, as of 2012 the U.S. Court of Claims has awarded over $3 BILLION dollars to vaccine victims, although 2 out of 3 applicants have been denied compensation. How dare these parents question its validity…

17. What really gets me… now that they are going to vaccinate this child..the court ordered him to have 9 shots in one day!!! hell no!! there is no reason for him to get 9 shots in one day! if he gets sick.. I’d sue the Judge!

1. And why do you think it’s that many? Cause Mommy wasn’t doing her job and getting them done on time! I can’t believe all the fruit bats in this country that want a return to sky-high child mortality rates from preventable diseases. So glad my parents had common sense.

18. Tom Hutson says:

Who Owns YOU? A bankrupt corporation that thinks it rules the world, but can’t even keep itself afloat!

19. If other people’s children are vaccinated and you say the vaccinations work, then what are you afraid of? On the other hand, can anyone explain to me why this program exists:

National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program, to date has paid out more than #37 Million to victims and their families. https://www.hrsa.gov/vaccine-compensation/index.html

20. Hello.

There is a spelling error in your second to last paragraph. It should read “I don’t think she could LIVE with herself…” instead of, “I don’t think she could LIFE with herself.”

Thank you, and have a pleasant tomorrow.

21. I believe vaccines save lives…I also believe parents are the final word in their children’s lives…We now have schools ignoring parent’s wishes about what they are taught and courts telling parents to vaccinate..There is a simple fix though…tell the judge it’s against your against your religion…then let the ACLU get involved..

22. The mother objected to the vaccines being grouped, but she had more than enough time to have them administered individually, yet did nothing to get it done, and comply with the agreement. I can agree that injecting multiple vaccines at once is an unsafe practice, but the failure to act makes this jail sentence a problem of her own making.

23. tngilmer says:

If a judge orders you to do something and you disagree, you appeal the ruling. She did NOT appeal but instead chose to flip off the judge. What did she expect would happen?

24. My daughter reacted to her 2 month vaccinations. She had a seizure foam at mouth, body stiff as a board and eyes rolled back in her head. Kaiser Dr denied this could happen but packet insert of 7 in one drug that included dtap said it could happen. A visiting Stanford Dr was there in kaiser icu and told me that there was another side to vaccinations so read it all. Kaiser Dr. demonized me when I asked innocent Questions. That pediatrician also refused to report it as a possible reaction to a vaccine to the VAERS database. I joined NVIC and reported it myself. Ex and I decided to fire her and pay out of pocket for outside pediatrician that understood our situation. No vaxes.

Fast forward to him and I splitting up, he tried to force me to vaccinate my child as a bargaining chip to lower his child support bill. I stood firm but man it was a 2.5 year court battle. I won but it could have gone either way. My lineage has nerve issues and do not do well with vaccines. California terrible governor took my right away for philosophical exemption and I had to scramble to find another Dr to sign off on medical exemption for her to go to school because my old Dr. retired. Cost me over 600 dollars to obtain the exemption and as a single mother that is a pretty bad tax.

25. Very odd. With Democrat owned abortion, the man has zero say. How does the judge compare the two?

26. Gary Arnold says:

Vaccinations injured member of family.
    The Government has no right … to inject anything with out your approval. This is part of the Georgia Guidestones Plan …

27. Bill Loyal says:

And the medical police state marches on. Try this on my kids, I dare you.. try taking them away from me or not allowing me to make medical decisions for my kids. I can tell you it wont end well

28. Bill Smith says:

If people have the right to opt out of the vaccination program, then they should not be punishing for choosing that option. And if a parent has the authority to refuse to have their child vaccinated, then they should not be punished for exercising that authority. I don’t understand why she is having this trouble.

29. Paul Lyell says:

Iceland has one of the lowest infant mortality rates and the LOWEST autism rate of any industrialized nation. Yet their vaccine schedule is COMPLETELY different than the US schedule. I vaccinated my kids based on this schedule, and we never gave more than 1 at a time. I’m sorry, but I would rather be cautious about my children’s health, instead of being a sheep and just believing what the drug companies convinced the FDA to do this year. Even our pediatrician agreed that the current vaccine schedule is overkill.

Take a look here to see their schedule and then compare it to the insanity of the US system. http://vaccine-schedule.ecdc.europa.eu/Pages/Scheduler.aspx

30. Why do vaccination manufacturers have exceptions from being sued? Thats a red flag right there.

31. I agree with her that vaccinations are dangerous. Liberal government is dangerous. Vaccinations are not worth the risk they impose and for anyone to trust a government agency is ludicrous. They accept death and injury due to shots but do not share. On the flip side of the coin, This mother is crazy. Pull your child out of this mess (Public government school) and let him home school on internet. Nothing is worth sitting in jail when there are other options. Just like fans of the NFL who accepts disrespect to our flag. Is your life that boring that you have to be a fan. it is a joke. These athletes care only about them. Quit going. Quit putting your kids in public school. It is a dangerous mess. Home school through internet or if you have money, home school through better programs. Catholic schools cant hurt to learn about Jesus. We always have options but sitting in jail is the wrong one…

32. This is medical tyranny. Sick- No pun intended

33. Bob Smith says:

In my opinion, wow, what a stupid, ignorant move by the father. I’d bet money his son will have diminished intelligence, begin to get cavities on a regular basis, and probably develop some food allergies.

34. I have always been a peaceful person. However if someone forcefully took my child and forcefully vaccinated my child against my wishes, I would take a gun and shot his fu***g brains out.

35. Foolish people whom lack knowledge because they’re distracted (by design) to the shiny matrix……http://experimentalvaccines.org/

36. Jon Barendse says:

Misleading headline. She’s not going to jail for failing to vaccinate her son, she’s going to jail for breaking a contract that she signed of her own volition. This would be the same as if during divorce proceedings a woman was awarded half the value of the couple’s home and the man refused to pay it out.

37. I will say that vaccines do help people but I understand peoples fears… as HIV was introduced to American population in NYC, ATL and LA via Hepatitis B Vaccine. It was not a gay Canadian flight attendant. It was the Hepatitis B Vaccine in the 50s-60s that had the pathogen in it unbeknownst to anyone. There are samples of the same vaccines in storage that contain the HIV virus.

38. LMFAO She’s whining fking after she signed a court order so she’s in contempt lmao