Latest Autos News
- US Opens Probe Of Chevrolet Impala Air Bag Performance The probe was opened over an April 2011 car crash that severely injured an elderly man when the passenger air bags didn't deploy.
- Ford Fires Engineer Who Planted Recording Devices A lawyer says a Ford Motor Co. engineer was fired after she placed listening devices in meeting rooms at its headquarters.
- US Agency Probes Hyundai Sonata Air Bag Problem The probe announced Friday covers about 394,000 midsize cars from the 2006 through 2008 model years.
- GM 2Q Profit Falls 85 Percent On Recall Costs General Motors says second-quarter profit fell 85 percent as recall costs chopped $1.5 billion from the bottom line.
- Ford 2Q Profit Up 6 Percent To $1.3 Billion It's the company's 20th consecutive profitable quarter and its best since second quarter 2011.
- GM Issues 6 More Safety Recalls The latest recalls cover almost 718,000 cars and trucks.
- Con Man Targeting Craigslist Car Buyers To Sell Stolen Cars Police are searching for a suspect in connection with a series of fraudulent car sales to people answering ads primarily on Craigslist.
- Chrysler Recalling Possible 792K Older SUV's Due To Ignition-Switch Performance The company is aware of a single reported accident and a relatively small number of complaints involving 0.015 percent of the subject vehicle population.
- Senators Call On GM CEO To Fire Top Lawyer Lawmakers put Barra on the spot, telling the CEO she should have fired GM's corporate counsel, Michael Millikin, based on the conclusions of an internal report.
- Mustang's And Pintos Join The Off-Beat At Ford Employee Car Show Pinto lovers bringtheir annual stampede to town.
- Keeping The Momentum Going At Ford, U-M, WSU: Mark Fields, Mark Schlissel, M. Roy Wilson's Challenge Mark Fields, new CEO of Ford's biggest challenge will be to keep the momentum going started by his predecessor Alan Mulally.
- Chrysler: Government Timetable Off For Fixing Recalled Jeep SUV's The agency accused Chrysler of moving too slowly to fix up to 2.5 million older Grand Cherokees and Libertys with gas tanks behind the rear axles.