GLITR Tech Tour, Fall 2012
Latest Detroit GLITR Tech Tour, Fall 2012
It’s a world-class research university, America’s pioneering land grant college, the first place on the planet to study agriculture scientifically, and just passed a little-known school called MIT for No. 1 in graduate studies of particle physics. So while it may be a rebuilding year at Spartan Stadium on Saturday afternoons, Michigan State University is and always will be a must-visit as long as there are Great Lakes Innovation and Techology Report Fall Tech Tours.
Matt tells all about the Tech Tour Mobile, a loaded 2013 Ford Taurus Limited. The verdict: Big car fun with tons of tech touches, and only a few quibbles.
A new med school, a research park that’s full to the brim, new technology to machine very hard and brittle materials, a new method to guide fossil hunters, and major advances in aviation training and management. It’s all in southwest Michigan at Western Michigan University.
And the 2012 Great Lakes Innovation and Technology Report Tech Tour winner for packing the most information into a 3 1/2-hour visit is..Well, the Tech Tour still has two more stops, but it’s going to be hard to beat what I saw at Grand Valley State University’s Grand Rapids campus Wednesday morning.
We’re a long way from the log cabins in which Ferris State University founder Woodbridge N. Ferris was born, way back in 1853. But the university he and his wife Helen founded as the Big Rapids Industrial School in 1884 hasn’t really strayed all that far from its roots. It’s still no-nonsense technology, but with an eye toward tomorrow.
One of the favorite things about my university Tech Tours is hearing people’s reactions, usually along the lines of “They’re doing WHAT?!” I got example after example of that Monday at Central Michigan University in Mt. Pleasant
- Tech Tour Day Three: Finnish French Toast, Medical Miracles, Green Racing And A Mineral Wonderland WWJ Newsradio 950–2012/10/14
- Tech Tour Day Two: Solar Power, Star Trek Replicators, New Drugs At Michigan Tech WWJ Newsradio 950–2012/10/14
- Tech Tour Day One: Wild Weather, Gorgeous Scenery WWJ Newsradio 950–2012/10/11
- GLITR Hits The Road For Fall Tech Tour ’12 WWJ Newsradio 950–2012/10/10
- Car Chronicles Blog – Cars, Kids and Common Sense
- The Reunion Project – Friday Fun (5/17)
- Trey Burke Talks Fab Five, Detroit Pistons With Ryan Wooley
- Leach’s Lists: Three Keys For The Red Wings To Win Game 7
- Cedar Point’s GateKeeper Is A Real Crowd Pleaser
- Car Chronicles Blog: Questions About Self-Driving Cars
- Jim Leyland On Manager Rants! [Blog]
- Sean Lee: ‘Why I Run’ [Blog]
- The Reunion Project – Your Name Here (4/22)
- Helping Homeless Teens In The Classroom
- Car Chronicles Blog – Cars, Kids and Common Sense May 18, 2013
- The Reunion Project – Friday Fun (5/17) May 17, 2013
- Trey Burke Talks Fab Five, Detroit Pistons With Ryan Wooley May 13, 2013
- Leach’s Lists: Three Keys For The Red Wings To Win Game 7 May 11, 2013