Health Awareness Weekends
Latest Detroit Health Awareness Weekends
One in three adults has cardiovascular disease. Are you one of them?
Thank goodness! Don’t get me wrong, I am a sucker for holiday cheer like no other however all those extra cookies and cocktails can really begin to take a toll.
Yes, it’s that time of year again! The holidays are over — the resolutions begin, and we start the year anew. It’s a new year and time for a new you. To tell us about changes you can make to your life, WWJ Newsradio 950 asked the experts at Planet Fitness.
In connection with Children’s Health Awareness Weekend WWJ talks with Dr. Arestea Kakaris, DDS, of Kakaris Family Dentistry in Woodhaven about the basics of dental care.
Dr. Hechtman is a member of a group of dentists who are advancing dentistry to include preventing and treating oral health problems that can lead to increased risks for systemic diseases such as cardiovascular disease, strokes, diabetes, pre-mature, low birth weight babies and other chronic diseases.
- Visit CBS Detroit’s Your Home 03/20/2012
- St. John Providence Offers Reduced Cost Heart Screenings In February 02/17/2012
- Scene In Detroit: Santa Has Left The Building, Time To Clean Up Your Act WWJ Newsradio 950–01/03/2012
- New Year New You: How To Stick With Your Weight Loss Resolution WWJ Newsradio 950–01/03/2012
- Q&A With Dr. Kakaris, DDS WWJ Newsradio 950–08/08/2011
- Dr. Hechtman Bio 04/18/2011