Latest Detroit Politics
The Reverend Jesse Jackson will deliver the keynote address Sunday night at a gala to honor U.S. Congressman John Conyers.
A continuation of a 1 percent tax on health insurance claims passed the state Senate Thursday, but yet to be resolved is how to ensure the levy brings in enough revenue for Medicaid, which serves 1.9 million low-income Michigan residents.
Gov. Rick Snyder has signed legislation that will allow schools with too many snow days to avoid having to schedule extra days in June.
Gov. Rick Snyder says the state-appointed emergency manager for Detroit’s public schools has decided to postpone his plans to step down by up to six months.
Gov. Rick Snyder has signed legislation to allow Michigan veterans to get a special designation on their driver’s license or state ID card.
Bing added he’s forming a committee to explore other opportunities, including running for Wayne County executive.
- Mich. Projected To Get $542M More Than Expected WWJ Newsradio 950–2013/05/14
- Announcement Naming Mayor’s Run For Office “Imminent” WWJ Newsradio 950–2013/05/13
- Emergency Manager Files Report On Detroit Finances WWJ Newsradio 950–2013/05/13
- Tale Of Two Cities: Thriving Businesses Manufacturing In Detroit WWJ Newsradio 950–2013/05/13
- Car Chronicles Blog – Cars, Kids and Common Sense
- The Reunion Project – Friday Fun (5/17)
- Trey Burke Talks Fab Five, Detroit Pistons With Ryan Wooley
- Leach’s Lists: Three Keys For The Red Wings To Win Game 7
- Cedar Point’s GateKeeper Is A Real Crowd Pleaser
- Car Chronicles Blog: Questions About Self-Driving Cars
- Jim Leyland On Manager Rants! [Blog]
- Sean Lee: ‘Why I Run’ [Blog]
- The Reunion Project – Your Name Here (4/22)
- Helping Homeless Teens In The Classroom
- Car Chronicles Blog – Cars, Kids and Common Sense May 18, 2013
- The Reunion Project – Friday Fun (5/17) May 17, 2013
- Trey Burke Talks Fab Five, Detroit Pistons With Ryan Wooley May 13, 2013
- Leach’s Lists: Three Keys For The Red Wings To Win Game 7 May 11, 2013