March sales are expected to be strongest since 2007.
The company is notifying production workers about the layoffs two months in advance and complies with federal law.
With the launch of new federal vehicle fuel economy rules a week away, the American auto industry has grown by nearly a quarter million jobs (236,600) since June 2009 when the auto industry hit bottom, according to a new report available from DrivingGrowth.org.
Chrysler today reported a second-quarter net income of $436 million, a more than $800 million turnaround from a year ago, when the automaker paid off the last of its government bailout loans.
It comes after Romney famously wrote an opinion piece for the New York Times titled “Let Detroit Go Bankrupt” during the height of the industry’s woes in 2009.
Michigan’s small business owners have a positive outlook, and many plan to hire, according to a PNC survey of small business owners
Speaking to about 600 people in Dearborn, President Barack Obama once again the comeback of the American auto industry.
The President says automakers will be making cars that average 55 miles per gallon by the middle of the next decade.
Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne says the auto industry has to do away with the two-tier pay scale, which pays new workers a considerably lower wage.
Michigan Governor Rick Snyder and Wayne County Executive Robert Ficano are leading a delegation to Asia with stops in China, Japan and South Korea. And, they’re going during a global economic slowdown.
- Student Construction Science... Detroit Red Wings Vs. Chicago... Ticket Chicks At The Detroit... Detroit Tigers @ Texas...
- Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas...
- Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston...
- Detroit's Robocop Statue... Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland...
- Car Chronicles Blog – Cars, Kids and Common Sense May 18, 2013
- The Reunion Project – Friday Fun (5/17) May 17, 2013
- Trey Burke Talks Fab Five, Detroit Pistons With Ryan Wooley May 13, 2013
- Leach’s Lists: Three Keys For The Red Wings To Win Game 7 May 11, 2013