Ford delivered its best hybrid sales quarter ever in the first quarter of 2013 with sales totaling 21,080 vehicles — marking the first time Ford has sold more than 20,000 hybrids in a quarter. Ford’s hybrid sales were up 324 percent nationally over 2012, achieving 16 percent share of the electrified vehicle market — up from 4 percent last year.
General Motors made $4.9 billion in 2012, strong North America showing means $6750 profit sharing checks.
Michigan residents would pay a lower sales tax when they trade in cars under legislation overwhelming approved Wednesday by the state Senate as lawmakers seek to jumpstart car sales with a proposal that has stalled in recent years.
Ford sales jump 22 percent in January. Chrysler and GM post 16 percent sales gains.
Chrysler says its U.S. sales rose 16 percent last month for its best January in five years.
U.S. auto sales hit a five-year high in 2012, as low interest rates, improving consumer confidence and – most important – some great new cars drew buyers into dealerships.
Ford’s new C-Max has become the fastest-selling hybrid ever at launch, with 8,030 sales in its first two full months on the market in October and November. This significantly outpaces Toyota Camry Hybrid’s 7,300 sales in its first two full months in May and June 2006.
A slowdown in job growth is seen in southeast Michigan by Comerica Bank as auto sales are leveling off.
Chrysler sales are up 10 percent; General Motors up 5 percent, and Ford sales are flat.
Problems in Europe took a big bite out of GM’s second quarter earnings, but not quite as much as analysts expected.
- Student Construction Science... Detroit Red Wings Vs. Chicago... Ticket Chicks At The Detroit... Detroit Tigers @ Texas...
- Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas...
- Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston...
- Detroit's Robocop Statue... Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland...
- Car Chronicles Blog – Cars, Kids and Common Sense May 18, 2013
- The Reunion Project – Friday Fun (5/17) May 17, 2013
- Trey Burke Talks Fab Five, Detroit Pistons With Ryan Wooley May 13, 2013
- Leach’s Lists: Three Keys For The Red Wings To Win Game 7 May 11, 2013