Started back in 1993, Concert of Colors was a modest, single day event with the simple goal of bringing the diversity of metro-Detroiters together through music from around the world. Today, it has become a part of the summertime traditions here in Detroit, with 2013 marking its 21st year. This year the concert series with travel to multiple venues in Midtown Detroit over 4 days, still with the same goal of celebrating the wealth of global diversity that fills metro-Detroit through music.
The Greek Community of Metro Detroit will celebrate the annual Greek Independence Day on Sunday, March 25, 2012, with a parade in downtown Detroit.
An “egg-stravaganza” of family fun is planned for the Detroit Zoo’s 21st annual Bunnyville celebration on Saturday, April 7, 2012, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
We all know about the ball drop in Times Square, but have you ever heard of the “Sardine and Maple Leaf Drop” or the “Bologna Drop” at midnight?
Father’s Day, the holiday set aside to celebrate dad, has been an institution for 101 years. But what is the evolution of Father’s Day? How did it become the holiday it is today? One Father’s Day historian offers his unique perspective on the third Sunday in June and after you read this, you too will be a Father’s Day expert.
Aretha Franklin celebrated her 69th birthday Friday night and gave a rousing performance at a party in her honor.
Metro Detroit’s Greek community will celebrate Greek Independence Day the weekend of March 25 with a variety of festivities.
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Baltimore... Spring Storm Whips Through... Ticket Chicks Car Wash 6.16.13 Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota...
- Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Flash Grenade Demonstration
- Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Orion Music Festival - Day Two Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland...
- Metallica Performs As... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Demolition Of Historic Globe... Detroit Tigers Vs. Tampa Bay...
- The Reunion Project – The Final Countdown (6/7) June 7, 2013
- A Guest’s Guide To Wedding Attire May 23, 2013
- ‘Bridging Michigan’s Workforce Divide’: Talent Matters May 23, 2013
- Career Moves: New Rules For The Job Search May 22, 2013