“The Science of Rock ‘n’ Roll,” a 10,000-square-foot traveling exhibit that celebrates the great history of the music genre and the key role science plays in its development, will take the stage at the renamed Michigan Science Center on June 20.
Detroit-based Compuware Corp. (Nasdaq:CPWR) Tuesday announced the release of the Compuware APM Mobile Application Monitoring Free Edition at the Velocity 2013 Conference in Santa Clara, Calif.
A pair of entrepreneurs in Detroit’s Green Garage business center has launched CompleteClass.org, an online reward system and learning platform that rewards kids for their efforts at living a health-conscious lifestyle, to be a more involved scholar and to become an educated citizen of the world.
The Renaissance Venture Capital Fund, Michigan’s venture capital fund-of-funds, announced that its initial investment of $16.7 million has led to a total venture capital investment of nearly $300 million in 20 new Michigan companies and the creation of hundreds of high-wage jobs.
Qstride, the Detroit business intelligence and analytics provider, said Tuesday that it will begin offering $50,000 of no-cost software licenses of MicroStrategy to its client companies as part of its new “Got BI?” public awareness initiative.
Started back in 1993, Concert of Colors was a modest, single day event with the simple goal of bringing the diversity of metro-Detroiters together through music from around the world. Today, it has become a part of the summertime traditions here in Detroit, with 2013 marking its 21st year. This year the concert series with travel to multiple venues in Midtown Detroit over 4 days, still with the same goal of celebrating the wealth of global diversity that fills metro-Detroit through music.
It’s the fourth time at No. 1 on the Computerworld list for the Detroit-based mortgage lender. Also in at No. 57: Southfield-based Secure-24
Inspired from the sounds of Jimi Hendrix to Nirvana to The Smiths to Radiohead, Almost Free is the Detroit trio band that can be hard to pin into any one category of music. Formed here in Metro Detroit, the band has been together for 10 years and consists of members Andy Bird (guitar, vocals, and lyrics), Bob Impemba (bass, synthesizer, and noise), and Garren Stevens (drums).
Camtronics, a security systems integrator in Detroit, said Monday it had collaborated with the pre-K-through-8 All Saints Catholic School and the Canton Police Department to implement a new lock-down system reducing response time in the event of a campus threat.
Resurfacing along four miles of I-75 freeway in Detroit will begin Monday.
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Baltimore... Spring Storm Whips Through... Ticket Chicks Car Wash 6.16.13 Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota...
- Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Flash Grenade Demonstration
- Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Orion Music Festival - Day Two Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland...
- Metallica Performs As... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Demolition Of Historic Globe... Detroit Tigers Vs. Tampa Bay...
- The Reunion Project – The Final Countdown (6/7) June 7, 2013
- A Guest’s Guide To Wedding Attire May 23, 2013
- ‘Bridging Michigan’s Workforce Divide’: Talent Matters May 23, 2013
- Career Moves: New Rules For The Job Search May 22, 2013