A new report by the Center for Automotive Research, a nonprofit research organization based in Ann Arbor, calculates the substantial economic impact a single assembly plant has on the state and national economies and showcases an important example of the value of the automotive industry overall.
Tuesday, in conjunction with the 2013 Governor’s Economic Summit, Connect Michigan is releasing a report on Broadband’s Economic Impact in Michigan. Broadband access and adoption helps fuel the economy. Michigan residents conduct $17.1 million in online transactions with Michigan businesses and spend nearly $1.1 billion in online sales with these businesses annually.
Michigan’s University Research Corridor generated $15.5 billion in economic impact statewide, exceeded $2 billion in annual research expenditures and awarded more than 31,600 degrees in one year, placing it at or near the top of seven university innovation clusters in the U.S., according to a new Economic Impact Report released Wednesday.
Grand Valley State University’s sustainability efforts are worth nearly a billion dollars to West Michigan, the university announced Wednesday.
The Central Michigan University Research Corp. Thursday announced it is working with 11 companies, assisting the businesses in their early development stages, fostering the creation of 85 jobs in the region and adding $30 million to the mid-Michigan economy last year.
Four of the founding manufacturers of the Coalition for American Solar Manufacturing purchased more than a combined $400 million in goods and services from other manufacturers and employers in 46 states in 2011, including Michigan, according to a CASM survey.
TechTown, Wayne State University’s business incubator and research park, contributed $52 million in revenue to the area economy in 2011 from its active and graduate clients, according to a new economic impact report.
Research at the University of Michigan Medical School brought hundreds of millions of dollars into the state of Michigan in the last year — and could have a total economic impact of nearly $1.2 billion, new data show.
At the forefront of Michigan’s economic resurgence is the University Research Corridor, an alliance of Michigan’s three largest research institutions — Michigan State University, the University of Michigan and Wayne State University.
The annual economic impact that Grand Valley State University has on the region rose by nearly $40 million to $680.4 million in the 2009-10 fiscal year.
- Detroit Red Wings Vs. Chicago... Ticket Chicks At The Detroit... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas...
- Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago...
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit's Robocop Statue...
- Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland...
- Car Chronicles Blog – Cars, Kids and Common Sense May 18, 2013
- The Reunion Project – Friday Fun (5/17) May 17, 2013
- Trey Burke Talks Fab Five, Detroit Pistons With Ryan Wooley May 13, 2013
- Leach’s Lists: Three Keys For The Red Wings To Win Game 7 May 11, 2013