Emergency Manager Law
The Detroit City Council has dropped out of the fight, but others will challenge the state’s appointment of an emergency financial manager.
It could come Friday, when a cadre of officials makes the announcement from Lansing.
A judge says the Detroit school board has authority over academic policies, at least for the next five weeks before a new emergency manager law kicks in.
Gov. Rick Snyder says he plans to sign a revised emergency manager bill that replaces a similar law rejected last month by voters.
Michigan lawmakers have approve a new emergency manager law, just one month after voters rejected a previous version.
The Republican-controlled Michigan House on Wednesday approved a replacement for an emergency manager law struck down by voters in the November election.
A GOP-led state House panel approved a proposed replacement Thursday for an emergency manager law rejected by Michigan voters, despite concerns of critics who argued the process was rushed and the legislation subverts the will of the electorate.
Detroit’s budget deficit exceeds $200 million and Michigan treasurer Andy Dillion says the city’s finances are eroding quicker than expected.
A lawsuit filed against the state by civil rights lawyers claims Michigan’s emergency manager law is dead.
Members of the Flint City Council are suing the state-appointed emergency financial manager for the cash-strapped city, seeking to block his actions.
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Baltimore... Spring Storm Whips Through... Ticket Chicks Car Wash 6.16.13 Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota...
- Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Flash Grenade Demonstration
- Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Orion Music Festival - Day Two Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland...
- Metallica Performs As... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Demolition Of Historic Globe... Detroit Tigers Vs. Tampa Bay...
- The Reunion Project – The Final Countdown (6/7) June 7, 2013
- A Guest’s Guide To Wedding Attire May 23, 2013
- ‘Bridging Michigan’s Workforce Divide’: Talent Matters May 23, 2013
- Career Moves: New Rules For The Job Search May 22, 2013