Environmentalists have filed a lawsuit against DTE Energy and two subsidiaries over emissions from their coal-fired power plants.
The Senate voted to curtail state regulators’ consideration of biological diversity when designating sections of state forests, over objections from environmentalists who say the “anti-science” bill would gut a practice in place for nearly 100 years.
President Barack Obama is requesting $300 million to continue funding a wide-ranging Great Lakes environmental cleanup program in the 2013 fiscal year.
An environmental coalition asked candidates to promise if elected to continue an Obama administration program dealing with some of the Great Lakes’ most pressing environmental problems, including the invasive species, Asian carp.
A federal panel on Wednesday endorsed the designation of a coal-burning Lake Michigan ferryboat as a national historic landmark, a defeat for opponents unhappy with the vessel’s practice of dumping waste ash into the lake.
A provision approved by the U.S. House would allow the nation’s last coal-powered steamship to continue dumping waste ash into Lake Michigan after a grace period ends next year.
Despite opposition from environmentalists, the U.S. House is moving ahead with legislation proposing a national standard for cleansing ballast water from foreign ships.
The Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission has approved a shipment of 16 scrapped power generators with radioactive contents across three of the Great Lakes.
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Baltimore... Spring Storm Whips Through... Ticket Chicks Car Wash 6.16.13 Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota...
- Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Flash Grenade Demonstration
- Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Orion Music Festival - Day Two Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland...
- Metallica Performs As... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Demolition Of Historic Globe... Detroit Tigers Vs. Tampa Bay...
- The Reunion Project – The Final Countdown (6/7) June 7, 2013
- A Guest’s Guide To Wedding Attire May 23, 2013
- ‘Bridging Michigan’s Workforce Divide’: Talent Matters May 23, 2013
- Career Moves: New Rules For The Job Search May 22, 2013