A spokeman for DTE said the blasts knocked out power to about 1,600 homes and businesses in the area, on 18 Mile between Mound Road and Van Dyke.
Extreme testing of a prototype battery said to be part of this morning’s explosion and fire at the GM Tech Center.
Several people were injured Thursday morning after an explosion at an apartment building in Walled Lake.
The Detroit Symphony Orchestra says its offices are closed and its website is down following Sunday’s underground explosion that damaged the basement of Orchestra Hall.
An electrical cable failure may have caused an explosion that sent three man hole covers flying into the air in front of Orchestral Hall Saturday morning.
Detroit 5th Battalion Chief James Provost says an underground explosion near the buiding blew three manhole covers off; one high into the air in what he calls a sewer gas explosion.
Thursday, Dec. 29 marks a sad anniversary in the City of Wayne, where one year ago a massive explosion killed two people and severely injured the owner of Frank’s Furniture Store.
Consumers Energy has released a report on the cause of a furniture store explosion in Wayne last December that killed two people.
New Baltimore residents were literally shaken on Wednesday when explosions erupted from their neighbor’s home.
Authorities say smoking at a southwestern Michigan house where a resident was using oxygen tanks for a medical condition likely caused an explosion that killed two people and injured four others.