With fuel prices at near record levels, consumers are driving less and contemplating a move to smaller, more fuel-efficient vehicles, according to recent survey by Consumer Reports.
Ford’s all-new Focus Electric is now officially America’s most fuel-efficient five-passenger car with a certified 110 miles per gallon equivalent (MPGe) city rating and 99 MPGe on the highway.
Now that record sales of 127,883 EcoBoost-equipped vehicles in 2011 are on the books, Ford aims to more than triple production capacity of cars, utilities and trucks using this fuel-efficient technology.
U.S. Energy Secretary Steven Chu, speaking at the Auto Show in Detroit, sounded very tentative about a loan program aimed at helping auto companies become more fuel efficient.
An overwhelming majority of consumers believe that fuel-efficiency standards for cars and trucks should be improved, according to a new poll by the Consumer Reports National Research Center.
President Barack Obama’s visit to an advanced battery facility in western Michigan is expected to highlight how technology could help automakers reach new fuel efficiency standards.
New federal fuel efficiency rules were revealed on Tuesday that will require heavy-duty trucks to cut greenhouse gas emissions and improve fuel economy.
Changing a flat tire on the side of a busy freeway can be a dirty and dangerous job. The 2011 Chevrolet Cruze offers a safer option: an on-board tire inflator kit that also helps improve fuel efficiency by shedding 26 pounds of spare tire and jacking hardware.
Whether you’re unplugging electronics when not in use, using canvas bags instead of plastic or collecting rain water, Ford wants to know what changes consumers are making to better the environment. It’s all part of Ford’s new “Take Charge” contest on its Electrified Vehicle Facebook page, which runs through mid-April.
Ford’s new pick-up truck, the 2011 F-150 with EcoBoost engine, is said to offer more power, and more powerful savings at the pump.
- Detroit Tigers @ Cleveland... Detroit Tigers @ Cleveland... Student Construction Science... Detroit Red Wings Vs. Chicago...
- Ticket Chicks At The Detroit... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago...
- Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston...
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit's Robocop Statue... Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim...
- A Guest’s Guide To Wedding Attire May 23, 2013
- Car Chronicles Blog – Cars, Kids and Common Sense May 18, 2013
- The Reunion Project – Friday Fun (5/17) May 17, 2013
- Trey Burke Talks Fab Five, Detroit Pistons With Ryan Wooley May 13, 2013