Health Care Prices
Health care prices in January 2013 were 1.5 percent higher than in January 2012, two-tenths of a percentage point lower than the December rise, and the lowest reading since a 1.3 percent rate in December 1997, according to Ann Arbor based health care industry consultants Altarum Institute.
National health expenditures in September 2012 grew by 3.7 percent relative to September 2011, ticking down a tenth from the August rate, and representing the fifth consecutive month of below 4 percent growth. At 4 percent, the average monthly rate of growth in spending, year-to-date is barely above the all-time low rate of 3.8 percent recorded in 2009.
Health care job growth slowed in April, with just 19,000 new jobs created compared to the 24-month average of 24,000 jobs, according to Ann Arbor’s Altarum Institute.
Health care prices rose just 1.8 percent in February 2012, the lowest rate of inflation since April 1998. Price growth for nearly all health categories moderated, especially hospital care and physician services.
Something has put the brakes on the price of American health care. Analysis from the Center for Studying Health Spending at the Ann Arbor-based Altarum Institute indicates that health care prices in March were 1.9 percent higher than in March 2010 — the third consecutive month of less than 2 percent growth.
- Student Construction Science... Detroit Red Wings Vs. Chicago... Ticket Chicks At The Detroit... Detroit Tigers @ Texas...
- Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas...
- Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston...
- Detroit's Robocop Statue... Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland...
- Car Chronicles Blog – Cars, Kids and Common Sense May 18, 2013
- The Reunion Project – Friday Fun (5/17) May 17, 2013
- Trey Burke Talks Fab Five, Detroit Pistons With Ryan Wooley May 13, 2013
- Leach’s Lists: Three Keys For The Red Wings To Win Game 7 May 11, 2013