How do you know you have it?
A professional cleaning company is on-site at Annapolis High school in Dearborn Heights after nearly 200 students and teachers got sick forcing the school to cancel classes.
A high school in Dearborn Heights is closed Friday morning after 200 students and staff have been sickened in a suspected norovirus outbreak.
The St. Clair County Health Department says at least 30 residents, staff and visitors became ill in the past week at a senior living center.
Wayne County Public Health officials have confirmed that norovirus was responsible for sickening as many as 100 players and other attendees at a youth state hockey tournament in Taylor.
Norovirus is suspected to be the cause of an outbreak at Taylor Sportsplex – where dozens of people suffered from symptoms of a stomach illness.
The county has experienced a significant gastroenteritis outbreak recently, health officials said. It spreads easily through places like schools, hospitals, nursing homes and shopping centers.
Authorities say a strain of norovirus was responsible for sickening more than 200 students in the Mount Pleasant School District earlier this month.
The Mount Pleasant School District has cancelled classes for the rest of the week after a suspected norovirus sickened about 200 students.
With at least one outbreak of the norovirus confirmed, Washtenaw County Public Health officials are reminding the community of symptoms associated with the gastrointestinal illness and how stop it from spreading.
- Car Chronicles Blog – Cars, Kids and Common Sense May 18, 2013
- The Reunion Project – Friday Fun (5/17) May 17, 2013
- Trey Burke Talks Fab Five, Detroit Pistons With Ryan Wooley May 13, 2013
- Leach’s Lists: Three Keys For The Red Wings To Win Game 7 May 11, 2013