Queen of Soul
Franklin, 71, who lost a considerable amount of weight in the last few years, did not specify the ailment or what type of treatment she was receiving.
Hall of Fame trainer Emanuel Steward was celebrated by boxing royalty and the Queen of Soul at a star-studded memorial service Tuesday in the Motor City.
Franklin’s soulful, soaring voice has brought her dozens of chart-topping records and timeless classics hits including “Respect,” “Chain Of Fools,” “Think,” “Daydreaming,” and “Free Of Love.”
“I have four invitations and parking passes that were sent to me for the funeral,” Aretha Franklin said in a statement.
Deciding they were “moving too fast,” Aretha Franklin, 69, and longtime friend Willie Wilkerson called their relationship quits Monday before taking it down the aisle.
Clothing and other items that may have once belonged to Aretha Franklin are being sold in Livonia Saturday.
The legendary singer said she’s been trying to shed pounds ever since looking at pictures of herself and deciding she was “entirely too fat.”
Wendy Williams interviewed the Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin on Friday at the Townsend Hotel in Birmingham.
The awards show opens with a tribute to Aretha Franklin; Eminem takes home two trophies; and a U of M professor wins two awards.
Looking thinner and in good spirits Aretha Franklin made what is believed to be her first public appearence since undergoing surgery for an undisclosed condition in December.
- Spring Storm Whips Through... Ticket Chicks Car Wash 6.16.13 Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota...
- Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota... Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City... Flash Grenade Demonstration Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City...
- Orion Music Festival - Day Two Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Metallica Performs As...
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Demolition Of Historic Globe... Detroit Tigers Vs. Tampa Bay... Whole Foods Detroit Grand...
- The Reunion Project – The Final Countdown (6/7) June 7, 2013
- A Guest’s Guide To Wedding Attire May 23, 2013
- ‘Bridging Michigan’s Workforce Divide’: Talent Matters May 23, 2013
- Career Moves: New Rules For The Job Search May 22, 2013