The disease poses no harm to humans but can cause miscarriages, partial paralysis and death in horses.
A disease that began killing deer last summer has now wiped out more than 8,000 whitetails in Michigan.
Authorities in Michigan say an insect-spread deer disease has spread to at least 24 counties.
Angela Minicuci with the Michigan Department of Community Health said a 75-year-old man died in Kent County, near Grand Rapids.
State wildlife officials say more than 1,700 white-tailed deer have been killed this summer by a disease affecting several counties in the southern half of Michigan’s Lower Peninsula.
A fifth death associated with the mosquito-borne West Nile virus has been reported in Michigan.
With more Michiganders spending time outside for the extended Labor Day weekend, the Michigan Department of Community Health is reminding residents of the simple precautions that can be taken to avoid mosquito bites during the holiday this year.
The Michigan Department of Agriculture has confirmed a case of Eastern Equine Encephalitis in an eight-week-old Van Buren County puppy
After a third West Nile death in Michigan has been confirmed, WWJ Newsradio 950 is hosting a special webinar at noon Friday, Aug. 24 with local doctors who will answer your questions about the illness.
The Oakland County Health Department is warning people at large outdoor gatherings, such as the Dream Cruise, Renaissance Festival and Arts Beats & Eats, about West Nile Virus.
- Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers @ Texas...
- Detroit Tigers @ Texas... Detroit Red Wings @ Chicago... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston...
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Houston... Detroit's Robocop Statue... Detroit Red Wings @ Anaheim... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland...
- Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... Detroit Tigers Vs. Cleveland... GateKeeper Takes Flight At... Detroit Lions Rookie Camp...
- Car Chronicles Blog – Cars, Kids and Common Sense May 18, 2013
- The Reunion Project – Friday Fun (5/17) May 17, 2013
- Trey Burke Talks Fab Five, Detroit Pistons With Ryan Wooley May 13, 2013
- Leach’s Lists: Three Keys For The Red Wings To Win Game 7 May 11, 2013