The Fourth of July is almost here, and the only thing better than a fresh cup of lemonade on a hot summer’s day is when that lemonade has a little something extra in it. Check this list for the best Fourth of July cocktail recipes.
Chef Cari Kosher Catering
West Bloomfield Township, MI 48332
Chef Cari Herskovitz owns and is head chef at Chef Cari Kosher Catering, and graduated from the Natural Gourmet Institute of Food and Healing (NYC). She is the founder of Chef Cari Kosher Catering, which was started when she felt the need for a “healthful modern option” for Detroit kosher food. Find her at her website and on Facebook. Here are a couple of her recommendations for Fourth of July cocktails.
- 2 oz vodka
- 3/4 oz. lemon juice
- 3/4 oz. simple syrup
- 1 large chunk watermelon, muddled
- 1/2 oz. watermelon liquor
- 3-4 blueberries
- Muddle watermelon in a mason jar.
- Mix all other ingredients in a shaker and pour over ice and watermelon.
- Garnish with 3-4 blueberries.
- Lime wedge
- White or raw sugar
- 1 oz. vodka
- 1 oz. blue curacao
- 1/4 cup cranberry juice
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 strawberry for garnish
- Moisten rim of martini glass with lime wedge and dip in sugar to coat rim.
- In a shaker with ice, add all ingredients and shake well.
- Pour in martini glass and garnish rim with a strawberry.
Related: Most Creative Cocktails in Detroit
D’Amatos & Goodnite Gracie
222 Sherman Drive
Royal Oak, MI 48067
Matthew Flora is currently the beverage director and bartender at D’Amato’s and Goodnight Gracie, where he has worked for eight years. Here are his suggestions for Fourth of July drinks.
Razz American Mule
- 1.5 oz. Tito’s vodka
- 4 oz. ginger beer
- Squeeze of fresh lime
- Build in copper mug, garnish with a lime.
- 2 oz. raspberry-infused vodka
- 1 oz. chambord
- 1 oz. midori
- splash of pineapple juice
- Mix in shaker, strain in martini glass.
Apple Pie Bourbon Shrub
- 1.5 oz. BulleitBbourbon
- 1 oz. apple pie shrub (found at McClary Bros.)
- .5 oz. simple syrup
- Mix in shaker and strain over ice with a splash of soda.
Related: Best Cocktail Bars in Detroit