ROSE TOWNSHIP (WWJ) – Authorities are offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to an arrest in the death of a 31-year-old nurse who was shot in the back as she ran along a rural Oakland County road.
Alexandra Brueger was shot multiple times while jogging on Fish Lake Road, in rural Rose Township, on the afternoon of July 30. Brueger, who regularly went for 10-mile runs, collapsed on a resident’s front lawn and died.READ MORE: Michigan Matters: EV's Supercharging Impact Across Metro Detroit
State police have received more than 50 tips in the case, but are continuing to seek information.
“Information about suspicious persons or unusual vehicles in the area of Fish Lake Road could be extremely important,” police said in a statement. “Even if you think your information is unimportant or that someone else may have already reported what you know, please contact investigators.”
Witnesses have said a white or light-colored four-door sedan was seen traveling at a high rate of speed on Fish Lake Road around the time Brueger was killed, but police have yet to identify that vehicle.READ MORE: Son Fatally Shoots Mother While Driving On Woodward Near Royal Oak
Police say the suspect would likely exhibit some noticeable behavior changes, including:
• Acting oddly or out of their normal character since this incident happened.
• Showing signs of internal distress, such as anxiety, nervousness, or irritability.
• An unexplained or stress induced illness.
• An above average interest in this incident since it has occurred.
• Has become more reclusive and anti-social.
• Has not shown up for work or missed regularly attended gatherings or meetings.
• Has unexpectedly changed their appearance.
• No longer utilizes one of their vehicles or has excessively cleaned the interior/exterior of their vehicle.
• Has started or increased a consumption of cigarettes, alcohol and/or drugs.
• Unexpected and last-minute travel or departed the area without giving a specific reason and/or destination location.
The Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms is offering the $5,000 reward for the arrest and conviction of those responsible for Brueger’s murder.
Tips can be reported 24/7 to the Michigan State Police at 1-855-MICH-TIP, or to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-SPEAK-UP.MORE NEWS: Wixom Man Charged In Shooting Death Of Father's Ex-Girlfriend