Man Charged With Murder In Dearborn Home Invasion
DEARBORN HEIGHTS (WWJ/AP) – A 19-year-old Detroit man has been charged with first-degree murder and armed robbery in the slaying of a 40-year-old Dearborn Heights man in front of his wife and children.
The Wayne County Prosecutor’s office said Antonnie Ray was arraigned Tuesday. Ray also is charged with home invasion.
Police said the suspects cut the power to the home of Moshin Jaber-Hassoun Al-Uglah on September 14.
When Al-Uglah went outside to investigate, he was confronted by the two armed men who pushed themselves inside and demanded money.
Al-Uglah’s wife, brother and children were inside the house. There was a struggle and Al-Uglah was shot in the neck. His wife was also injured.
“We’ve spoken with the entire family … they’re devastated and, obviously, that’s a horrific to have to witness your father being shot, so they’re having to deal
with that,” said Dearborn Heights Police Captain Jeff Sepenko.
Ray and a second man were arrested last week. A warrant for the second man is being reviewed.
Ray wasn’t represented Tuesday by an attorney. His preliminary examination is scheduled Sept. 28.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.