Big Brother 14 Episode 21 Breakdown: Dan’s Fight To Survive
WOW! That’s all I can say about last night’s episode! There was so much that had gone on and I have to be honest, I knew a lot of what happened before tonight’s episode as well as before Sunday’s episode too! However I didn’t want to spoil any of it in my previous breakdown. If you haven’t watched the Live Feeds yet or read about them, you may want to consider doing so if you don’t like to have your emotions messed with, like Dan did with Danielle’s in tonight’s episode! So much to talk about so let’s just get to it.
Quack Pack POV Strategy
Not surprising to see the Quack Pack trying to save all their players. But that’s relying on Britney or Shane to win the POV. Britney’s track record of winning isn’t that great (none this season and a few her season), while Shane has been hit and miss with competitions.
Jenncity finally starts to make some moves in this game. However is it a little too late? I don’t think so but she’s still a floater in this house. Did anyone catch the quick camera shots of Joe when Frank had to choose a host? It went from excitement to disappointment all in a span of five seconds. It was really quick but also funny/sad at the same time. Joe’s definitely not feeling the love in the house. Did anyone enjoy the product placement in the episode? It was interesting to see an interaction with fans for the POV.
Throwing The Quack Pack Under The Bus
Was anyone else surprised to see any of those consequences from the POV? Frank is definitely taking a gamble with sitting out of the next HOH, taking those chum baths and wearing another costume suit. Yet he didn’t even win the competition because he “cheated.” Which I think he did cheat but honestly Britney was too stressed to even hear Frank try and mouth it to her. As predicted a floater would win the POV, even though it wasn’t Joe it was Jenncity that won it. Winning the veto for Jenn was a bit weird for me. She was considered safe this week and yet still played to win it. However it was Dan’s master plan after being in solitary confinement for 24 hours to get the wheels turning and for him to stay in this game.
What was up with the water works? I honestly couldn’t stop laughing when seeing Dan give his “Big Brother Funeral.” Call me a little morbid, but let’s think about this rationally. Dan wasn’t really dying and he was giving his own eulogy. I definitely think it was a very gutsy move, but it paid off in the end. Dan was smart to finally throw Ian under the bus and to redirect the target he had to Britney. Another great moment of the night was Britney’s confessional when she was pretty much waving her white flag and seeing Ian being outplayed by Frank who was really doing Dan’s dirty work.
My Rankings Of The Houseguests
1. Dan – Obviously he went from being at the bottom of my ranking to the top this week. He very strategically got himself out. Granted he broke some people’s emotions and threw people under the bus but he’s doing what’s best for his game. Now the big question is who will he really take to the final two, Frank or Danielle? Either way Dan would win in both cases, as of right now, unless one of them does a great move like Dan. I guess my mid-season prediction of him winning is still proving to hold through. But I don’t want to jinx that because we should all still “Expect the Unexpected.”
2. Danielle – She’s safe thanks to Dan’s plan. She’s sitting pretty by the alliances she’s made (or Dan’s made).
3. Jenn – Having won POV and then making deals for safety has her high in my rankings. It’s good to see this floater making some moves but we’ll see if she can pull off a HOH win.
4. Shane – With his alliances he’s safe as well. Granted his showing during the POV was a bit sad but nobody can be great at every competition. However since he is a physical threat he’s still a target to some houseguests.
5. Joe – He’s neither at the top nor at the bottom. He’s just in between. Which is a good thing this week, but he’d better start making some bold moves to get himself further in the game.
6. Ian – Safe thanks to the POV he won during Pandora’s Box but that’s pretty much it. His allies are on the block and he’s going to have to make a tough decision on who to save to better his chances in the game.
7. Frank – Having decided to accept the punishment of sitting out of next week’s HOH he’s in danger once again. But with his newly formed alliance he may well be safe, but that’s assuming the alliance will last for another week.
8. Britney – It’s kinda ironic that she’s getting put up for a mistake an ally did and also being duped by men she’s been trying to align with. She had a smart move at the beginning of the season to work with Janelle but obviously that fell through and there’s only two other ladies left with her in this house. We’ll see if Britney will throw Danielle under the bus for her own survival.
Prediction For Eviction – Britney
It’ll either be a unanimous vote or 4 to 1 with Britney being evicted. Dan has assured Danielle’s safety and Shane has even promised Danielle his vote to keep her in the house. So that leaves Ian as a wildcard in the Quack Pack with his vote. While Jenn & Joe will vote for whoever Frank wants out which was Dan but now is Britney. I’m excited to see what the Jury house will look like and what the goodbye messages will be for her. It’ll be bittersweet but this is a game and there can only be one winner.
Prediction for HOH Winner – Joe
He’ll somehow win this competition unless it’s an endurance. Will we be treated to another double eviction? There’s only two weeks and a few days left with seven after tomorrow night, so it’s bound to be another double eviction. But I do think Joe would win or maybe Jenn. It’d be nice to see one of those two win and see what they’d do with HOH power.
Tune in tonight at CBS 62 at 9 p.m. to see if my predictions are correct!
Get More Big Brother posts from Mark Drum.
Mark Drum is a Farmington Hills, MI native and Big Brother fan since 2000. He auditioned for Big Brother 13 and 14. He graduated from the University of Northern Colorado with a degree in Theatre Arts. He’s a member of Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity and can be found popping up in movie production sets around Detroit like as an extra in Disney’s Oz the Great and Powerful. Connect with Mark! Blogspot / Twitter / Facebook / Email