Victim Toll Rises To 17 As Police Release Sketch Of Freeway Shooting Suspect

WIXOM (WWJ) – As the number of confirmed shootings from a two-day period last week in Wixom, Commerce and two other counties jumped to 17, police released a sketch of a suspect in a recent rash of random shootings in several counties.

Multiple police agencies involved are now circulating that sketch, which shows a young man with  stubble on his jaw.

The shootings first took place in the city of Wixom, with police saying the suspect may have been driving a 1998 Oldsmobile Alero or 1998 Toyota Camry. He’s accused of opening fire on passing motorists and on one man taking out his trash.

No pattern has been detected, and police are urging people to be cautious. A task force has been formed to try to find the shooter.

On Thursday, Wixom Public Safety Director Clarence Goodlein said one of the victims drove directly to police headquarters.

“Somebody knows who’s responsible,” said Goodlein. “I would encourage the people in your listening audience to call us with information they would have, because it is unimaginable that anyone, from a moving vehicle, would shoot at another moving vehicle.”

Anyone who knows anything about this crime is asked to contact the Wixom Police Department at 248-624-6114 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-SPEAK-UP.

Read related story, here.

Nerves Are On Edge: Residents React 

Comments

One Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Detroit

Best 4th Of July Concerts In Metro DetroitStaying home this weekend? Celebrate the 4th of July by rocking out at one of these shows.
Hump Day Drinks: 8 Cheery Cocktail RecipesNow that you've made it through half the work week, it's time to celebrate!

Watch & Listen