DETROIT (WWJ) – This Labor Day weekend, the Michigan Department of Transportation is removing lane restrictions on more than half of its road and bridge projects to ease traffic delays for holiday travelers.
Beginning at 3 p.m. Friday and continuing until 6 a.m. Tuesday, MDOT will remove traffic restrictions on 92 of 131 active projects statewide.
While construction may be suspended for the weekend, motorists are advised that equipment and temporary traffic configurations, like minor shifts, may remain in place, requiring motorists to adjust their speed and pay attention.
The following 39 work zones will have active traffic restrictions in place during the Labor Day holiday weekend.
– Church Street, Oakland County, is closed over I-696 for plaza construction.
– Evergreen Road, Wayne County, will have one lane open in each direction at I-96.
– Grand Boulevard, Wayne County, is closed between M-1 (Woodward Avenue) and Cass Avenue.
– I-75, Oakland County, has the southbound right lane closed from M-59 to Coolidge Highway, while the northbound left lane is closed from Crooks to Square Lake roads for ongoing construction. In addition, the Adams Road ramp to southbound I-75 is closed and detoured.
– I-94 in Detroit has the eastbound exit to Trumbull Avenue closed while the Trumbull Avenue ramp to westbound I-94 is closed. Detours posted.
– M-5, Oakland County, has ramps closed at the I-96/M-5/I-696 interchange.
– M-85, in Wayne County, has one lane open between Vreeland Road and Van Horn Road.
– I-75, Monroe County, has two lanes open in each direction with a traffic shift between I-275 and Dixie Highway.
– M-100 north of Potterville, Eaton County, has one lane open with a temporary signal near Billwood Highway.
– US-12 in Saline, Washtenaw County, has one westbound lane open between Maple Street and Monroe Street with eastbound traffic detoured.
Central Michigan and Thumb
– Bristol Road in Flint, Genesee County, has single-lane closures at I-75 with traffic shifts and temporary signals.
– I-69, Lapeer County, has one lane closed in each direction between Morris and Clark roads, with traffic shifts.
– I-75, Saginaw County, has three lanes open in each direction.
– M-13, Saginaw County, is closed between Fry and Curtis roads with a posted detour.
– M-18 in Beaverton, Midland County, has southbound traffic detoured.
– M-25/M-24 in Unionville, Tuscola County, will have at least one lane open in each direction.
– M-25 in Worth Township, Sanilac County, is closed over Mill Creek and detoured via M-90, Wildcat Road, and Galbraith Line Road.
– M-30 in White Star, Gladwin County, is closed at the No Name Drain and detoured via Knox Road, Hockaday Road, and M-61.
– M-53 near Cass City, Sanilac County, has one lane open at the South Branch of the Cass River with temporary signal.
– M-57 in Chesaning, Saginaw County, has one lane open over the Shiawassee River with a temporary signal, and is closed and detoured at Deer Creek.
– M-81, Saginaw County, is closed at Airport Road with a posted detour.
– US-10, Clare County, has one lane closed in each direction over M-115. The southbound M-115 ramp to eastbound US-10 is closed.
– I-94, Berrien County, has two lanes open in each direction between Sawyer and Stevensville.
– I-94, Kalamazoo County, has two lanes open in each direction with a traffic shift. Two ramps are closed: eastbound I-94 to 40th Street, and 40th Street to westbound I-94. Those ramps are detoured at Exit 85, 35th Street.
– I-196, Allegan County, has one lane open in each direction at Old Allegan Road.
– US-12, Branch County, is closed at Swan Creek between Bronson and Coldwater for bridge reconstruction. Detours are posted.
– US-12, Cass County, has a posted detour for westbound traffic during roundabout construction at the Five Points Road intersection.
– US-31, Berrien County, has one lane open in each direction over the St. Joseph River.
– I-196 in Grandville, Kent County, has the westbound ramp to M-11 (28th Street/Wilson Avenue) closed.
– US-31 in Holland, Ottawa County, has two northbound lanes open on the southbound roadway through the entire project. Two lanes of southbound US-31 are maintained from Quincy Avenue to Lakewood Boulevard and one lane from Lakewood Boulevard to 8th Street.
– US-131 in Grand Rapids, Kent County, will have one lane closed in each direction between Leonard Street and Ann Street. The Turner Avenue ramp to southbound US-131 will be closed.
Northern Lower Peninsula
– M-27, Cheboygan County, has northbound traffic detoured on I-75 and M-68.
– M-55 in West Branch, Ogemaw County, has eastbound lane closures as well as a one-way detour on I-75 BL (Cook Road) and I-75 via Exit 212. Westbound traffic will remain on M-55.
– M-66/M-55 in Lake City, Missaukee County, will have one lane open in each direction with traffic shifts.
– US-23 in Cheboygan, Cheboygan County, has one lane open at the Little Black River bridge with temporary traffic signals.
– M-28, Gogebic County, has one lane of alternating traffic open over the Presque Isle River with a temporary traffic signal.
– M-94 in Manistique, Schoolcraft County, has a posted detour at US-2.
– US-41 in Hancock, Houghton County, has a posted detour for northbound traffic.
– US-41 in Ishpeming, Marquette County, has one lane open in each direction with a traffic shift at the US-41/Second Street roundabout. Detours for local road closures are posted.